bleeding cooling system

im thinking of changing my coolant and would like to know the best way to bleed the radiator on a glanza. not quite sure how to do it and i wouldnt want to make my car overheat by not bleeding it correctly! if someone knows of a thread i could follow that would be great!

any advice will be appreciated.

thanks

Guest cheshireglanza
Toyotas are possibly the easiest to bleed, ever. Drain old coolant. Fill with new coolant, run engine till heaters are hot and fan cuts in (and off again) Top up as required to finish.

:)

k buddy...spot on!

cheers :)

prob sounds like a stupid question but do i fill the cooling system via radiator like you normally would, or do you fill the expansion/overflow tank (the one to the right of the radiator that has the pipe leading off it to the radiator!)

thanks

prob sounds like a stupid question but do i fill the cooling system via radiator like you normally would, or do you fill the expansion/overflow tank (the one to the right of the radiator that has the pipe leading off it to the radiator!)

thanks

yep fill the radiator mate.

Toyotas are possibly the easiest to bleed, ever. Drain old coolant. Fill with new coolant, run engine till heaters are hot and fan cuts in (and off again) Top up as required to finish.

High 5...

Yer i know eveny one else has quoted this but i jus wanted to join in...:)