Stripped oil feed hole in block

This is now the 2nd time this has happened to me,the 1st time someone put the banjo bolt in with a air ratchet and it stripped it,so i retapped it.But today after putting my new oil feed on it has stripped again.Would i get away with trying to tap it again or should i drill it bigger and tap it ?Has this happened to any of you's ?Cheers

I've had to help a few people out before due to the turbo feed thead stripping, as its only an ali thread so it dont take much to strip it, when tightening the bolt you need to do it by hand gently get it started then tighten once its in, your best bet is to helicoil it. Or if that dont work, replace that whole ali unit.

Is there anywhere off the shelf i would be able to get it,needing it asap ?I had a look on screwfix ect but couldnt see anything.Also needing a m10 banjo bolt for 1 of my water lines if anyone knows where to get 1 of the self to.Am in scotland if that helps.Cheers

toyota sell the houseing and i think its really cheap like £35 im not 100% sure because i bought loads of stuff at the same time. i would recommend keepin the original gasket for the housing as i tryed to take myn of and it perished and half was stuck on. and ended up with a leak from there and it all had to come back off.

Think i have an oil filter housing that bolts to the block but not an oil feed banjo bolt. You sure the thread is nackered or did you just snap the head off the bolt due to it being so weak? Because you should be able to just get the bolt out and use a new bolt and washers.

Think i have an oil filter housing that bolts to the block but not an oil feed banjo bolt. You sure the thread is nackered or did you just snap the head off the bolt due to it being so weak? Because you should be able to just get the bolt out and use a new bolt and washers.

Its the thread thats nackered,the bolts fine.It happened to me before so i retapped it but not sure if it wil retap again.

Im surprised it re-tapped the 1st time, if the thread strips, that means the tapping drill size is over size...

It wont retap again, without taking it out to the next size up or helicoiling.

If it were me id be looking for a scrap engine and robbing the oil feed housing from it.

As Graeme, points out slacken all bolt points, and get it threaded in a few threads and go from there

Im surprised it re-tapped the 1st time, if the thread strips, that means the tapping drill size is over size...

It wont retap again, without taking it out to the next size up or helicoiling.

If it were me id be looking for a scrap engine and robbing the oil feed housing from it.

As Graeme, points out slacken all bolt points, and get it threaded in a few threads and go from there

Well i have emailed a local company about helicoiling it,if that falls through ill just get another one.

You could prob get a helicoil kit from your local tool shop, ive used them at work before, they werent as expensive as the ones above and its a 5 minute job to do yourself, just read the instructions.

But as its an important part that you dont want to leak or break without you knowing i'd prob get a replacment part.

Jack