need help guys, im about ready to break it

yet another problem with the car, past few days the cars been getting quite jerky to drive, and then today on the way home from work the car keeps losing all power, the engine just goes to idle and the throttle pedal does nothing. then all off a sudden its back to normal, then 2 secs down the road it does it agian, its at any speed, doing it on the duel carriage way at 30, 20 ect . . .

got home and took the spark plugs out and cleanded them and noticed that 1 had quite abit of oil on it but even after cleaning them it made no difference.

sad to say it but ive about had enough of this car now and am seriously considering selling the parts in my garage buying another cheap car and then breaking the starlet. ;)

any help would be good,

cheers guy

daz

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i know mate but ever since ive got it back on the road its done nothing but go wrong on me and about at the end of my teather! so close to getting this td04 on and every time im about to do it fucks up agen. ;)

ive been in this situation beffor mate when i was doing my old gt it will be worth it in the end but i know how it feels when the car constantly puts u back but i can guarantee if u break the gt within a few weeks youl want it back lol

im never going to sell the car as a whole as id get peanuts for it, so if i carnt fix it i aint paying some1 to do it to then break it. so if no one knows what it is then im just guna have to break it alot earlier than planned. ;)

mate my car did that and it was the gayist thing ever the lead on the altenator was not connected properly

maybe have noticed that the lights have started to go dimmer when the revs drop. might have a look at that

did u not have the same prob wi your old clio bus and it was the ecu that needed reseting maybe worth a trip to old phil benson

nar clio went into safe mode mate, this is working then not working. it did it when i took you home last week!

Dibs on wheels :ph34r:

Only joking mate (well im not rele lol) sounds like it going to be something youll kick yourself about like earthing or alternator

Hope you get it all sorted :lol:

dibs what you like mate if thers enough interest in all the bits il just break it without trying to fix it as im sick of it.

Had a similar problem mate and that turned out to be my alternator so thats worth a check over dude :) my car failed in stages, the interior lights and radio died and then the headlights went dim and then the car revved then idled then revved ect ect and then just spluttered to a stop eventually,

Changed the alternator and tightened all belts and battery and now all is good so check your alternator your battery and your belts :ph34r:

Hope this helps, if not then im sorry sir :lol:

Dan

i will take dibs on a few things haha. get it in the garage tomorrow nyt and we will find the problem and cause we're not doin my car it wont snow haha

aye, il be back bout 7 as got loads of work to do! il try lim it to work tomorrow, you might get a call in the morning for a rescue.lol