need help guys, im about ready to break it

If its not that it could be the throttle position sensor? just another thing to think about lol

this is what im worried about, i could end up chasing my tail for ages changing all the sensors and realy carnt be arsed! :ph34r:

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my last civic had same kinda prob started like than then got to stage were it would just turn off totaly but when i restarted it it would come back on like norm. worse thing was it wouldnt do it for like a couple days or weeks then it would do it none stop for ages. no garage could find prob i finaly broke it sold most the parts and sold the rest as a rolling shell. guy e-mailed me a week later to tell me there was a wire in the loom which had melted a lil n caused the car to earth its self when ever the wire touched the chassis but since was nothing realy left to the car he couldnt say if it was that for sure

dont jump in and just brake it id get u and your mates to go over every possible thing you can think of first cause ull kick urself if u start to break it and half way into it u find out it was something stupid like a lose wire /broken sensor

i was just thinkin back to the stock car days and my nova would do that and it was a broken wire

its gona be somthing stupid like that i can just tell but itl be imposssible to find and like _shaun_ said half way through breaking it it will be obvious! doing my head in already!

get a gauge thread goin i wana see whats worth buyin haha nah seriously if youve been patient for 4 yrs jus hold on a lil longer buddy im sure its simple

just have a look on my build thread mate, all the stuffs on there.

anymore suggestions on this guys? also noticed on my way home that the rec counter dances round and doesnt corispond to what the engine is actuly revving at. sick of it now. :ph34r:

have yoou checked the map sensor and alternator dude??

Clean all earths and earth points, one on gearbox, alternator, inlet mani and top engine mount and one by the battery, bad earth will cuase havoc, do a diagnostic check on it too, theres a guide on tgtt in the helpful section on how to do manual diagnostics. If no joy, check the alternator charges properly and isnt on its way out, also the map sensor, is ulikly throtle position but is worth checking. Try checking injectors too, again unlikley but worth a shot. The diagnostic check will shine a lot more light on it, cant belive you are contemplating breaking without even realy digging deep!! Keep us updated on tye results of the diagnostic and the other things I've mentioned. Then we will go from there :ph34r: if you break your gt ill hunt you down ad slap you with a wet fish!!!!

if you break your gt ill hunt you down ad slap you with a wet fish!!!!

x2

One of the best GT's I've seen, and you're thinking about breaking it because it's having a moment? :ph34r: Don't make me get the fish out from the pond, there's a big fucker in there that'd just be ripe for a face slapping.

been checking a few things and just come in for tea so thought id update to avoid any wet fish. i fitted a td 255 fuel pump about 2month ago and think it could be this, somtimes its running on two and when it cuts out and goes to idle when driving thats when the clutch is out but when it does it if i put the clutch in the car dies.

Swap back to the old pump as thats the last thing you did, if you need a dizzy bud I've got a dizzy i can send you, but is unlikley to be that as you get more of an ignition cut/kangaroo type effect with dizzy failer. Sounds like its over fueling and flooding the chamber if its cuting out when the clutch goes in, when did it star was it when tge weather turned realy cold? What ecu are you using bud? Sounds more and more like the symtoms my mates mx5 is suffering atm, we are still diagnosing it but thats what we have come down to. How does it start too? Start first time or struggles? Also mate please run a manual diagnostic to eliminate any obvious fualt codes that wont show till this is done.

has everyone missed the first thing to do???

check the ecu for fault codes!!!

its a piece of piss mate then that might send you in the right direction. theres a thread and its got all the codes. if you were closer mate you could bring it round.

dont break it you bummer!

right guys, did the diagnostics check and it came up with fault code 14 which is ignition signal, but i 18month ago i replaced the whole system (ht, sparks, dizzy rotor arm) as it started missing and this solved it but i never cleared the fault code so i cleared the system of codes tonight started it, tested the system, no faults, took it for a drive and it played up again so went home did another diagnostic test and its showing no faults still even though its still playing up :o

so going to put my standard fuel pump back on tomorrow night as i never had any problems with that in, i only changed it preparing for the td04 conversion. so hope it is that then i can get in touch with dave a td and get a new 0ne sent out as its only 2month old and still in warrenty and hopefully be fixed for free,

but the one thing its stil doing is the rev needle is sometimes all over the shop and sometimes says what the engine is actuly doing and i carnt see the fuel pump affecting this???

cheers for the help guys il send everyone a chocolate orange if it gets fixed! :lol:

yep fella think thr all thinking the same as me, its a electrical problem on the ignition it sound like. look foe a broken earth wire (main). is the engine check light coming on (normaly happens with the throttle position sensor). or coil or ignition amp, take it to a good garage and thy will find the problem, also wer you live as i would be able to find your problem, im in manchester.

yep fella think thr all thinking the same as me, its a electrical problem on the ignition it sound like. look foe a broken earth wire (main). is the engine check light coming on (normaly happens with the throttle position sensor). or coil or ignition amp, take it to a good garage and thy will find the problem, also wer you live as i would be able to find your problem, im in manchester.

south cumbria mate, about an 1 hour 15mins from you. if its the ignition system would it not put a fault code up?