New shoes, brake pads.? :s

Hi guys.! As above i can hear a scraping noise from the back of the car when i brake.! Am i right in think the back has drums and the front has pads.? anyone no a rough price for changing all four as i dont wanna get ripped of.! Lol also while im thinkin of changin ny ideas on what i should do.?

Cheers

Hi guys.! As above i can hear a scraping noise from the back of the car when i brake.! Am i right in think the back has drums and the front has pads.? anyone no a rough price for changing all four as i dont wanna get ripped of.! Lol also while im thinkin of changin ny ideas on what i should do.?

Cheers

yo ali mate,

same as me when i break the noise from the back is terrible. yes drums back discs front. my handbreak dont even work too. and my breaks need bleeding because my break pedal goes to the floor. yesterday i went and orderd rear shoes because it is gtting so bad so loud. it cost me £40!!!! for the back, £32 for the front pads! hopefully should be on soon .

Bet it dont asap mate because you will wear the inside of your drums out

starletsportif, you should of said i could of got you pads and shoes for much less.

ail legend, it will be drums on the rear of your uk spec na, however shoes dont normally wear all that fast, so it might be worth having a look before ordering new shoes.

Jack

HI mate

yeah as ssid above shoes on the back i had the same problem on my n/a sportif and i just took the drums apart to find some crap inbedded in the shoes which was scraping under braking with a clean and an adjust up was fine but i do it for a living so easy for me to strip down lol jus something to note for the future

shoes are usually around 20 to 25 pound and pads not much more than that really but i only see trade prices due to being a mechanic

also i found under hard braking the noise got worse but worth getting it checked out as soon as as maybe the fact the shoes are worn down but you wont tell before you strip them down matey.