This information was taken from www.detailingword.com and was wrote by a member called 'DaveKG'. Just wanted to share this as i know a lot of people use it!

Turtle Wax Colour Magic

IIRC, this is the gimmick one that claims to dye to paint to aid colour restoration - which is fine, if the clearcoat on most cars wasn't actually clear paint!

T-Cut

T-Cut is rather harsh product. I hate the stuff as its completely outclassed by other poroducts on the market, and it puts more scratches into paint than it takes out when applied by hand... Its problem is the abbrassive particles in the polish, they are very old-tech in that the remain at the same abbrassive nature throughout the enitre polishing process, the don't break down therefore the finish left by T-cut is generally very poor, and it induces scouring...

Modern polishes such as those from Meguiars, Poorboys, Menzerna etc use Diminshing Abbrassives - as you work the product, the abbrassive particles break down and become less aggressive, so you start with aggressive cut and then finish with a very light cut... So you start with an aggressive cut to remove the swirls and reduct to a light cut to give you a lovely finish and remove any initial scouring that may have occured.

By hand it is very hard to get a decent result for removing swirls, your best best is via machine

Alan-lee - Dodo don't make anything special for removing scratches/swirls/restoring colour yet, but I agree with you that their products are very good!

Yes but it is a masking polish, which means instead of removing the swirls it fills them with fine clay residue (hence why they are so dusty) This obviously gets removed unless you have a very good wax on it

I used to be a big fan of AG but once my eyes had been opened to other products I realised tehy aren't that good.

Just been authorised to be a trader for Dodo Juice but it is finding the spare cash for their first order minimum! The autobrite stuff we have will suprise you though.

As for polishers you have 2 routes you can go down: rotary or DA.

DAs are better for beginners (for example the DAS-6) as they do not generate as much heat with them being in a random orbit making them safer but are slower

Rotarys are almost like a variable speed angle grinder in the way tehy spin in a constant orbit meaning they generate greater heat, making them quicker but you have to be a little more careful.

I personally have a rotary and think they are amazing, but all depends on your experience. Either way, practice on a scrap panel and read the guides on detailing world.

Edited by Hou

Hou I think you need to edit that da's better for rotarys! Lol

I have a das-6 and it's a very good piece of kit and well priced! There are some good starter kits out there too! I'm currently using mend polish and pads which seems to work well for me but it's alot down to personal preference and style!

I have a das-6 and it's a very good piece of kit and well priced! There are some good starter kits out there too! I'm currently using mend polish and pads which seems to work well for me but it's alot down to personal preference and style!

Cheers, speed typing at work fail!

@ HOU: Just had a look at your shop.. im interested in ordering some of your products, do you do 'Ninja-shine' decals? If so, when i order would i be able to order some of them too? Think they would be good advertisement and would look abit more 'JDM' than my 'Meguires' stickers lol. :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Just been authorised to be a trader for Dodo Juice but it is finding the spare cash for their first order minimum! The autobrite stuff we have will suprise you though.

As for polishers you have 2 routes you can go down: rotary or DA.

DAs are better for beginners (for example the DAS-6) as they do not generate as much heat with them being in a random orbit making them safer but are slower

Rotarys are almost like a variable speed angle grinder in the way tehy spin in a constant orbit meaning they generate greater heat, making them quicker but you have to be a little more careful.

I personally have a rotary and think they are amazing, but all depends on your experience. Either way, practice on a scrap panel and read the guides on detailing world.

Think one of you should "do" a car at JAE :lol: to show the benefits :p

Oh an Rob reply to the pm!

John

@ HOU: Just had a look at your shop.. im interested in ordering some of your products, do you do 'Ninja-shine' decals? If so, when i order would i be able to order some of them too? Think they would be good advertisement and would look abit more 'JDM' than my 'Meguires' stickers lol. :lol:

Cheers

Martyn

Next week these will be in the shop currently being printed, ordered 100 of them, printed vinyl..........

ninjashine3a.png

They look awesome fair play... would it be ok if i took your design to a decal place to have it made up in just black vinyl? i have a sticker theme thing going on.. everything is just black window vinyls.. i hope it wouldnt be a prob..:/

Ah good stuff cheers dude.. i Know a guy who can do basic vinyl cut outs for me like.. so ill probs have your website name done up in black, save paypal an P+P etc.. Ill see if i can do your logo in just black aswell and ill post it back on here later.

thanks again

martyn