Right i have a tacho but i have no idea where to even start when it comes to fitting it lol

I had the bottom of the dash down but to be honest i still have no idea

Could someone please tell me where to start and what i am looking for?

I know someone has already posted summin like this before but didnt really help me because i dunno where to even start :p

ok there is an faq in the faq section that tell you the pin out diagrams and what wires to fuck about with,

familiarity breeds content so

get your dash out and the black binacle suround thats held on with three screws, you need to tilt it on its side then slide it around the stearing wheel, abit fiddly,

then after that you have acess you your binacle that is held on with three brass coloured screws,

there are different ways of taking the binacle out but what i prefer(so you dont stretch the speedo cable) is unscrewing it from the bottom of the gearbox (basicaly a heavy cable that comes out of the firewall and down behind the inlet manifold and screws into the top of the gearbox)

undscrew that, then slowly massage your binacle out, that should give you acess to the wires that need altering,

this is where i cant give you any more advice as ive not done the conversion before

is it a aftermarket tacho?

or is it the full cluster?

if its the cluster, than follow the instructions above, if its a aftermaket one (i.e just the counter) the power earth and ignition is obvious, but the rpm signal wire can be found in the diagnostics box and the green wire off the bottom wiring block on the distributor.

For the full cluster

Neither! (might be easier if you remove the bottom bit though)

If your Lucky (Like me) you won't need to rewire your plugs, if you do your on your own, sorry :p

Plug wiring guide you want your plugs to match the 'New Clock' Columns

1) Sit in the drivers seat, look under the hood that covers the instrument cluster

2) Remove the two screws you see, there are some ridges the top uses keep it in and the bottom has some metal spring wedge things (see first pic) the pop into the square holes labelled A (Second Pic)

RCG1.jpg

3) The cluster is not shown but it screws into the round holes labelled 2, removed the screws, you will need a long screwdriver for the bottom left one

RCG2.jpg

4) The plugs are labelled A,B and C, I think I've matched them right to the wiring spreadsheet

5) With nimble little fingers remove the plugs (push down the tops to release the clips, wiggle)

6) The only thing holding it in now is the speedo cable, remove as Enzo said, or like me reach up from underneath to undo it from that end

RCG3.jpg

7) Sorry about the blurry pic. It ends in a bronze coloured cylinder with a slot in each side which the plastic clip goes through to latch onto a groove in the plastic on the back of the cluster

8) I think you need to grab the base of the cylinder to leave the clips out of the groove to let it come off

9) Now take out the cluster (this bit is fun too! :p)

10) With new cluster repeat in reverse order