Can anyone tell me if this is bad?

Heya guys well i have been holding back about this in the fear that its a bad thing ^_^

So here goes:

last time i had my rocker cover off i spotted this and ti worried me a bit because i thought where have those bits gone?

Has anyone else found this on their engine?

Pics:

IMG00077-20101204-1341.jpg

IMG00076-20101204-1341.jpg

IMG00075-20101204-1341.jpg

If you look carefully there are like Chips missing out the cams?

Thanks for any replies and help guys!

Dan.

it shouldnt affect it as it is right on the edge, but certainly seems as if you have dropped something in there at some point, i would flush the engine new oil and filter and fit a magnetic sump plug and just keep your eye on it.chanes are whatever was in there has broken down and is now in your sump but obviously you dont want to pick it back up

Yeah ive just looks at the picks on my phone dude, it wont affect it as it on the edges like CJ above has said, it it was big chunks and flat spots on the cams id be worried but it looks like nothing dude, do what CJ has said and youll be good ^_^

Ahh fair enough lads I just got a bit worried and no it wouldn't have been me that has dropped something in there as I always put something over the exposed bits ^_^ but yeah I will doi an engine flush, get somew fresh oil and filter in there and fit a magnetic sump plug :)

Haha bear what ya like but I suppose its logical thinking :p

Thanks for the help guys :p