wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction with a really annoying noise coming from my engine! it appears when the engine is warm, its coming from one of the pulleys. it sounds like a dry bearing on one of the pulleys and when you rev the car it gets a little louder and faster? i have changed the alternator thinking it was that and its not that, i have been told its most likely the water pump....has anyone had a similar noise accur on there car and found the solution! really annoying me!

any help is appreciated.

thanks ;)

it may just be a case of the cambelts been put on too tight.

;)

could be the alt belt mine did this was a awful high pitch sound when put revs on gets louder.. tighting the belt up or get it replaced if it is old/worn! also pull the belt a wei bit to see if it is loose!

May well be the tensioner or it may just be a case of the cambelts been put on too tight.

i did think it was the tensioner on the cam belt, sounds like its coming from there! the bloke i bout it off fitted the cam belt kit himself before i bought it so its possible he over tightened it! is there anyway i can adjust it or is it a case of replacing the whole kit!

;)

could be the alt belt mine did this was a awful high pitch sound when put revs on gets louder.. tighting the belt up or get it replaced if it is old/worn! also pull the belt a wei bit to see if it is loose!

its not a high pitch noise buddy, def more of a dry bearing noise. alternator belt has been tightened. thanks anyway.