Basically when i put my foot down in say 3rd or 4th in comes on boost fine up to 0.8 bar. However it feels like the car is holding back .I can feel it loosing power then being fine again on and off a few times. But the boost stays fine at 0.8 bar.

Ive just had the timing belt done could the timing be out slighty ?? Only problem with that is im sure it was doing it slighty before i got the belt done aswell. Only other thing ive had done recently is a japspeed mani and decat.

Im guessing its a fueling issue maybe ??

Thanks, Andy

get a timing light and check the markings on the side of the engine and make sure its at 10 degrees

Basically when i put my foot down in say 3rd or 4th in comes on boost fine up to 0.8 bar. However it feels like the car is holding back .I can feel it loosing power then being fine again on and off a few times. But the boost stays fine at 0.8 bar.

Ive just had the timing belt done could the timing be out slighty ?? Only problem with that is im sure it was doing it slighty before i got the belt done aswell. Only other thing ive had done recently is a japspeed mani and decat.

Im guessing its a fueling issue maybe ??

Thanks, Andy

have you got many mods on this car??

my mate had same sort problem on his ep82 with it losing power turned out to be intermittent fuel starvation causing it to hold back but his is heavily modified, he had something to do with the fuel cut defender done on it and seemed to cure it almost instantly. not quite sure if he hqad one fitted or something tweeked though never heard the whole story behind it.

but if timing is out this will alter the fueling etc so maybe worth getting it checked out first.

Sounds to me like your hitting fuel cut maybe ? This happens to me when its very cold outside. Im running very little mods and stock boost (Hi/Lo solenoid bypassed) and i get this in mostly 3rd gear and above when foot down flat.

Im pretty sure thats your problem buddy.. Only way to solve it is to either get a plug n play ECU(Blitz Jam ETC). a emanage or similar or just an FCD (fuel cut defender). The last is the cheapest option.

Im not 100% on all the ins and outs of the fuel cut business as mine only happens when its cold outside but im sure someone can give you more info on ways/prices etc on solving it.

If it is fuel cut, it sometimes feels like the power is literally cutting out, often in 3rd/4th gear. Solution is either to turn the boost down a bit, get a Plug and Play ECU, or HKS FCD (Fuel cut defender) and a Rising Rate Fuel Pressure regulator to make sure you aren't running lean.

Boost not creeping atall. Its defo not fuel cut as it was doing it when i had the boost at .6 bar. It feels like a fuel issue tbh. Although ill need to check my air filter and boost pipes as the chatter sounded different than normal on the way back. Maybe the filter has fallen off and its getting to much air or something i dont know lol.

Sometimes you get codes come up without the management light triggering. Its definetly worth a check as it doesnt cost nothing, & all thats needed is something like a paper clip or a bit of wire to bridge over 2 terminals (te1 & e1). If a code does come up then it will point you in the right direction, rather than just spending money on changing parts that properly worked perfectly fine.

But from what andrew miller has described above, I would go with what taggy said about the ignition timing. Sounds like its too retarded which is causing this problem & when he had the timing belt changed the distributor may have been disturbed or put back without being set up properly.