Rocker Cover Gasket Help!

Hello all,

Have just had my rocker cover power coated,

Recieved it back and re-fitted to car with new Rocker Cover gasket, drove down the motorway and checked engine, noticed theres oil coming from the spark plug wholes.

Is there supposed to be another gasket for the spark plug wholes?

any info much appreciated

cheers

thats what i thought, bit concerned now as im not driving the car until this mechanic (friend of family) is going to order me new gasket for the plugs, i kept saying im sure it doesnt have one but thought id check on here

Hello all,

Have just had my rocker cover power coated,

Recieved it back and re-fitted to car with new Rocker Cover gasket, drove down the motorway and checked engine, noticed theres oil coming from the spark plug wholes.

Is there supposed to be another gasket for the spark plug wholes?

any info much appreciated

cheers

hi

the spark plug tubes have a seal on the inside the tappet cover that they push into when cover is fitted

did you put them back ??

lyle

ha no didnt have inside shot blasted, yea he said they probs got blatsted off to, i followed guide exsact on removing cover didnt say anything about removing spark plug seal :mellow: ah well wil have to await new ones to arrive.

ive waited a month for insurance to start on car had this done whilst off the road. day finaly come and only drove for an hour ha