how easy/hard is it to get the gearbox off?

It's not hard at all mate, although it would be handy to have someone with a bit of knowledge to help you. When are you planning on doing it? If I'm around Birmingham I will happily give you a hand with it.

- Remove driveshafts, or undo them from the gearbox and leave them attached to the hubs, you can undo the 3 nuts/bolts on the lower arm and push them out of the way. That can be easier than taking the big nut off from the hubs.

- Take all the surrounding parts off such as FMIC piping and anything else that's in the way, then start un-doing the gearbox and starter motor bolts. There are 2-4 17mm's around the top, 2x 14mm bolts holding on the starter motor and 3-4 10/12mm bolts on the metal sandwich plate around the bottom. Also remove the clutch fluid pipe.

- Before removing all the bolts completely (just free them up first) you need to drop the mounts out of the car . For the passenger side mount, you can either remove the big 19mm bolt or you can open the 14mm bolts under the mount, which hold the gearbox on to the mount. As for the rear mount, there is a 14mm bolt that feeds through and that is easy enough to remove.

- You ideally need a trolley jack under the gearbox, even a small one will do. When the mounts are undone, lower the gearbox down with the jack. Undo all the bolts and wiggle it around until it comes off.

That's just a quick method from the top of my head, I'm sure theres a few things I've missed out. Other people may tell you to do it a different way, I am just sharing the method I've used for the last few years. I'd recommend having a 'strong bar' to hand as the bolts will be tight and if you try to hard with a small rachet it may get ruined. Also with spanners and hammers it can be a bit risky as you don't want to shear any bolt/nuts!

havent got access to a ramp tbh :/

this what i gotta do?

-unplug all electrics /wires and gear linkages

-drain gearbox oil

-get driveshafts out ( how do i do this without a big socket for the nut?

-put a jack under the engine

-undo gearbox mount

-undo bolts

-pull the box off?

been a while since I've done a gear box lol and the only thing i have is on a peugeot! lool

idrres naild it right on the head.

when using the jack under the engine be sure to have a peice of wood to go between.

and the side box mount i find it easier to take it off the box rather than off the car.

it can be done on your own but hope you have a strong back and arms. and make sure you greese the input shaft were the thrust bearing goes as it will rattle like a fucker if you dont.

good look matey oh yes and a clutch alingnment tool