sounds quite important to me though... so im concerned to loose my air sucking sound. the stock airbox i no longer have and probably sounds of nothingness.

i just have a cheap air filter, ill try it 2moz

er, if you can hear a 'sucking' sound over the exhaust/turbo whistle, then somethings amiss, even more importantly, if you want to hear that, then thats even more stupid.

whistle/exhaust roar sounds so much better. sucking intake noise just makes it sound like a corsa with an induction kit :/

whatever floats your boat though gaz, thats beyond me though :lol:

nope, but the roar of a throaty exhaust is ever so much more exciting :lol:

that sucking noise is poo on the ct9 anyway, the gt28 on my mates s14 makes one hell of a sucking noise, like its trying to eat people or something, but still not something i'd prefer listening to, over say, the whistle of the turbines.

i like my sucking noise. thats what every blitz intake ive heard sounds like.

i know loads of people with great sucking noises. :lol:

and mine exhaust roars and sucks. car noises are a combination.

but thats besides the point of the question i asked.

mate, put the original airbox on with a k&n or hks element inside.

lower intake temps over our blitz filters. allthough you dont get the howling noise.

i was thinking of fitting my standard box back on.

thats why i had my wastegate ported when it was being hybrid. like fuck is it comming back off untill it blows again.

(i like blowers) :lol:

turbo dynamics will be the cheapest place , 99% sure of it.

i had my wastegate flap strengthened because there prone to cracking, as well as porting the wastegate and shimming it so it never cracks again. phone them and have a chat, you shouldnt suffer from creep though mate because you have the standard air intake pipe still?

ive also tried resricting the air flow again today it didnot work

i looked at your turbo pics craig i ha noticed the flap but the wastegate whole ect doesnt seem to appear bigger although it probably is.

i have no standard airbox

It has a larger flap :lol:

and they ported the wastegate by quite a few mm then inserted a shim inside, which they claim will stop it from fracturing again.

hence why if you look at my turbo it has a larger flap with the weld on the flap arm.

by eye, you wouldnt tell its been ported.

allthough i have no plans to run the filter straight off the turbo, as it boosts fine and ill be running my stock box and filter in the future, when i have the internals sorted.

i wouldnt attempt porting the wastegate yourself mate, as you want it as smooth as possible and im guessing you was thinking about using a dremel? wouldnt bother. get it done pro