manifold shite from ebay!

yo.. i brought a cheap crap stainless steel manifold off of ebay. for £100 i knew it wouldnt be great as it was so cheap but its been on the car 3 weeks done about 200miles and its cracked around 2 of the welds and the plate that bolts onto the head is warped like a banana . wil add pics (too dark to see atm) so would recomend to anyone to not buy this sh*t !

so need to get a new 1 on there quick ... was looking at race-tech what do you lot think of them any better or will they crack too?..... also thinking of a de-cat will i need to get it maped? or will it run ok on standard ecu? your feed back would be much appreciated <_<http://www.race-tech.net/index.php?main_page=shopping_cart this is what im looking at .. poor credit card! thanks tom

My Mani has just cracked on mine sounds like a similar one to yours had it a few months and cracked though the middle. Just ordered a Racetech Mani but apparently 4-6 week wait for them, been recommended by everyone so got to be good. <_<

avoid the stainless mani's mate, they can't take the heat, the cheap ones and shite stainless and absorb nitrogen which makes them brittle and a twat to weld up again, go for a mild steel imo.

any recomendations of which mild steel 1 ? and wherr to get them ?

u wont need a remap with a decat then. you wont need 1 untill you go different ecu.

all you do is when you go over 0.85 bar i.e FCD + fpr or a differene ecu take it to the tuners to make sure shes fuelingright

u wont need a remap with a decat then. you wont need 1 untill you go different ecu.

all you do is when you go over 0.85 bar i.e FCD + fpr or a differene ecu take it to the tuners to make sure shes fuelingright

HUH? . .fuel cut defence?.. is that what stops the enigine light commin on when drop it into 4th when your doin about 100? lol i can do all the mechanical shit to my car but when it comes to electrics i havent got a clue! please explain lol

yes fuel cut, when you over boost "around 0.8bar"... you either need a fuel cut def to remove it but then you need a rising rate fuel presure to add more fuel because the FCD makes the car lean (less fuel)....

or just buy an Emanage, or a piggyback ecu then goto someone to map it. job done.

so you dont need to worry for now untill you go over the fuel cut 0.8bar.

hope this helps