fedex wanting money

recieved a letter yesterday from fedex saying that they picked my package up at the airport and kindly taxed me £14 on it. but i got that package about a month ago so all they got on me is my name and address. should i pay? not like they got my card details.

Same thing happened to me when I got my Rsr bits from rhd japan, I tried arguing it as it had been about a month since I had received them, they threatened to take me to court which I couldn't be dealing with the hassle with so I just payed the £12.

Just be careful - if the letter is not from HM Revenue and Customs it is probably not VAT related. Most courier firms add 'handling' charges for transactions. Very easy to dispute - if they threaten with court action, question on what grounds. You are under no obligation to pay handling charges not outlined in the shipping confirmation. You are however oblidged to pay all duties. I have had this situation before and it is very easy to dispute. Check the documentation you received on the original parcel.