Removing side strips

Guys,

I wish to remove the black side strips off my EP91 because they look a bit naff. How can this be done? Does it leave holes behind? Does the area behind the strips need respraying?

I've seen some removed and some just sprayed on top of. I'd prefer to remove them if possible.

Thanks

Bobby

Hey Bobby, you need a hairdryer.source of heat and tar remover or equivalent.

Is all painted underneath.

Haven't done it myself but this is from previous information I have heard on this.

Someone else will probably be able to help you out more soon enough.

there are no holes behind mate. i got mine sprayed because they are there to do a job! if someone bangs your car with there door it will make a nice dent if they are not there. just my opinion anyways.

but it is obviosly free to remove them so is a lot better for your pockets, but not your fingers though.

Yep if you can get a hairdryer to the bumpstrips that'll soften the "glue" and you can pull them off with your hands. Then use petrol or tar remover as mentioned to take off the sticky residue.

The only prob you might have is if your car has had a re-spray at some point and they masked into the bumpstrips -- this might leave a ridge. If it hasn't then you'll be fine.

when i removed mine, the best thing i found was to get behind the bump strip and easily pull the bump strip off. Once removed you will have two lines of glue down the door at the top and bottom. I tried a few different methods and found putting petrol onto a cloth and rubbing over the glue, then leave it to soak in for 5 mins or so then rub over with the cloth or scrape gently with your nail. Repeat method as required lol