Whos to blame

Morning Folks,

Been alerted to this thread via a couple of members, (thank you for bringing to our attention) :)

Many points have been raised in this thread, i'll try my best to answer all of them in this reply but apologise if I miss anything out.

Firstly, Ishaq, you were very eager to drop your car off with us, a short time before christmas once the snow had cleared and your donor car was able to be delivered. You kept asking both me and Nick when it would be done and whether christmas was possible, we stated 'we would try our best' there wasn't a confirmation that it would be done before christmas so I can confidently say you are wrong with that point.

Regarding pricing, everything was quoted prior and prices were agreed 'plus VAT' you had agreed with the pricing before you left the car with us, so if you weren't happy with the prices we quoted then maybe you shouldn't have asked us to undertake the job? Remembering we had a GT to strip inc wiring loom which is a pain and time consuming, then strip your Corolla, fit the GT motor into the Corolla, sort the wiring out to suit so you could keep all the interior wiring for the Corolla, then sort your FMIC out which was interesting seeing as we couldn't remove your front bumper as it has been fitted permanently.

Then there was gauges needed wiring in and rear suspension that needed swapping over, quite a list of work really. Not quite as basic as it is made out.... and I did ring and ask you about the cambelt before changing it to get your views, I can only offer you advice and what we would do in a similar situation, then take your instructions.

We admit yes there was a fault when you first collected the car, as stated the exhaust decat you had didn't clear the mounting for the front engine mount. We had said we would get it moved to an exhaust place and get it resolved, but you decided you would take the car as is and sort it yourself... therefore, we didn't run the car for very long outside as it was rather loud to say the least and we have noise limits on the estate.

You contacted us with a complaint that it was running rough, so the same day the car was here and Nick took it out and confirmed it wasn't going to be a simple 10minute fix. So we asked to keep the car overnight so we could sort it, a day later it was sorted and back with you.

This is when you complained about a lack of boost.... now I stated that I wasn't aware of how the turbo was last ran, as it came off a crashed GT... if it was still at full temp and suddenly shut off due to an accident then that could cause damage to the turbo, which to be fair to the owner they may not have known this.

I advised to run it for a couple of days and see if anything changes, if not, then it would need a new turbo. To which you said you had another in the boot, but this was also feeling quite tight. A day later you had swapped the turbo's over and your mechanic had said they were both fine? But yet the new turbo was running 0.1bar?

Nick then had a lengthy phonecall with your mechanic (I think it was, as Nick advised the phone was passed around a few times between people) about how an actuator works as he couldn't understand why you would plumb the actuator into the compressor housing of the turbo? And his thoughts were to bridge the actuator from the low boost port to the high boost port, thus giving you NO boost control whatsoever and should make the car run as much boost as it could, probably sitting on fuel cut and damaging the engine! (Luckily) This second turbo was also faulty as you only managed 0.4bar boost with the actuator looped on itself.

One of your turbo's has been tried by another member and caused the same symptoms, with an external wastegate setup and free flowing exhaust. Running barely 0.3bar i believe, until completely failing shortly afterwards...

The engine sounded and ran sweet after we fixed the initial fault. There was no noises, rattles or anything to suggest there was internal damage, the AFR gear was also ran up the road to ensure the fueling was ok, 14.7:1, spot on :p

IF the bottom end has gone on the engine, then its very very bad luck, these things can happen anytime and I feel for you.... BUT the parts were supplied by you so I can't see how blame can be placed on us for that? Especially when you've had people changing bits and messing with the car a few times since it has left us.....

We try our best to provide good customer service, and do have many happy customers, however, no-one is perfect.... there will always be ways we can improve, and we strive to do this.

Officially we no longer trade on UKSC, and the classified adds are in the process of being removed by admin. We are still on 'the other' forum if people would like to contact us, we are happy to try and help wherever we can.

Hope this has addressed most if not all of the points raised, and if you still require assistance as requested via PM Ishaq then feel free to call me.

Kind regards,

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

01925 822 266

tuningdevelopments@hotmail.com

www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You dont have to apologise Ishaq no offense taken, I see where your bro is coming from but he is talking in the 3rd person perspective on behalf of you, I know he is trying to get to the bottom of this but his attitude stinks.

I can tell when its you posting because you have a better attitude and fairplay to you, because I would be pretty pissed with everything that has happened.

So on that note Ammar GTFO :)

Morning Folks,

Been alerted to this thread via a couple of members, (thank you for bringing to our attention) :)

Many points have been raised in this thread, i'll try my best to answer all of them in this reply but apologise if I miss anything out.

Firstly, Ishaq, you were very eager to drop your car off with us, a short time before christmas once the snow had cleared and your donor car was able to be delivered. You kept asking both me and Nick when it would be done and whether christmas was possible, we stated 'we would try our best' there wasn't a confirmation that it would be done before christmas so I can confidently say you are wrong with that point.

Regarding pricing, everything was quoted prior and prices were agreed 'plus VAT' you had agreed with the pricing before you left the car with us, so if you weren't happy with the prices we quoted then maybe you shouldn't have asked us to undertake the job? Remembering we had a GT to strip inc wiring loom which is a pain and time consuming, then strip your Corolla, fit the GT motor into the Corolla, sort the wiring out to suit so you could keep all the interior wiring for the Corolla, then sort your FMIC out which was interesting seeing as we couldn't remove your front bumper as it has been fitted permanently.

Then there was gauges needed wiring in and rear suspension that needed swapping over, quite a list of work really. Not quite as basic as it is made out.... and I did ring and ask you about the cambelt before changing it to get your views, I can only offer you advice and what we would do in a similar situation, then take your instructions.

We admit yes there was a fault when you first collected the car, as stated the exhaust decat you had didn't clear the mounting for the front engine mount. We had said we would get it moved to an exhaust place and get it resolved, but you decided you would take the car as is and sort it yourself... therefore, we didn't run the car for very long outside as it was rather loud to say the least and we have noise limits on the estate.

You contacted us with a complaint that it was running rough, so the same day the car was here and Nick took it out and confirmed it wasn't going to be a simple 10minute fix. So we asked to keep the car overnight so we could sort it, a day later it was sorted and back with you.

This is when you complained about a lack of boost.... now I stated that I wasn't aware of how the turbo was last ran, as it came off a crashed GT... if it was still at full temp and suddenly shut off due to an accident then that could cause damage to the turbo, which to be fair to the owner they may not have known this.

I advised to run it for a couple of days and see if anything changes, if not, then it would need a new turbo. To which you said you had another in the boot, but this was also feeling quite tight. A day later you had swapped the turbo's over and your mechanic had said they were both fine? But yet the new turbo was running 0.1bar?

Nick then had a lengthy phonecall with your mechanic (I think it was, as Nick advised the phone was passed around a few times between people) about how an actuator works as he couldn't understand why you would plumb the actuator into the compressor housing of the turbo? And his thoughts were to bridge the actuator from the low boost port to the high boost port, thus giving you NO boost control whatsoever and should make the car run as much boost as it could, probably sitting on fuel cut and damaging the engine! (Luckily) This second turbo was also faulty as you only managed 0.4bar boost with the actuator looped on itself.

One of your turbo's has been tried by another member and caused the same symptoms, with an external wastegate setup and free flowing exhaust. Running barely 0.3bar i believe, until completely failing shortly afterwards...

The engine sounded and ran sweet after we fixed the initial fault. There was no noises, rattles or anything to suggest there was internal damage, the AFR gear was also ran up the road to ensure the fueling was ok, 14.7:1, spot on :p

IF the bottom end has gone on the engine, then its very very bad luck, these things can happen anytime and I feel for you.... BUT the parts were supplied by you so I can't see how blame can be placed on us for that? Especially when you've had people changing bits and messing with the car a few times since it has left us.....

We try our best to provide good customer service, and do have many happy customers, however, no-one is perfect.... there will always be ways we can improve, and we strive to do this.

Officially we no longer trade on UKSC, and the classified adds are in the process of being removed by admin. We are still on 'the other' forum if people would like to contact us, we are happy to try and help wherever we can.

Hope this has addressed most if not all of the points raised, and if you still require assistance as requested via PM Ishaq then feel free to call me.

Kind regards,

Mike Jones

Tuning Developments Ltd

01925 822 266

tuningdevelopments@hotmail.com

www.tuningdevelopments.co.uk

the pricing we agreed on was about £900 max including boost controller, turbo timer, exhaust, gauges.... but none of these were done and i still had to pay £1200?

also about the engine getting changed over, it was what i paid for..

plus i took car for exhaust because i didnt know how long it was going to take and you said you would do it when you were free, and i didnt think you were going to be free for awhile as you were working on other cars.

also the cambelt, you said that it would be best to do it whilst engine was out and that i should change it and therefore i said ok but only because you said i should..

about other people working on car, everytime i phoned, you kept giving dates which were too far away and as you know i have other commitments so after getting the car back after a month and half didnt expect car to be having problems and have enough time to keep car off road again and keep on bringing it back to you guys..

ishaq

You dont have to apologise Ishaq no offense taken, I see where your bro is coming from but he is talking in the 3rd person perspective on behalf of you, I know he is trying to get to the bottom of this but his attitude stinks.

I can tell when its you posting because you have a better attitude and fairplay to you, because I would be pretty pissed with everything that has happened.

So on that note Ammar GTFO :)

thank you sparky

ishaq

I have been following this for the last few days and kept readin but not posting and To be honest it was jsut a rage thread from ishaqs bro :/

I really dont like his brother for the way he approached this problem, coming on here and stepping on respected members toes is wrong and will only lead to loss of reputation amongst... That been said im glad it was his bro and not ishaq as i have texts from him that are rather pleasent and have met him and is a nice bloke!!

Also I left my car with TD 5 months ago for a lot of work and when i receieved th car back i had no problems and to this day am still having no problems with there work! Also have phoned them up many times for advice and they have always offered that for free so i will always give TD a good word as my dealings where positive.

Very glad TD have voiceed there side of the story also. Hope they dont lose business because of this because they are great guys..

Very sorry to hear this happent to you though dude and i think ya should keep it and as you say, take her off the road for as long as it needs and get her rebuilt even if it takes months and months, at least you know its your own work and your own fault if it goes wrong :) Deffo dont break it though as its a one off motor and worth finishing :p

IMO this thread should be locked now lol and left to be dealt with via PM's :)

Dan.

thank you dan..

as said above if i can afford it then will keep....

other than that i will break it...

really trying to keep it at all costs... but if i decide to break then probz sell as a whole so someone could carry on with it and not break

thanks again dan... like i said i have no cash @ moment but hoping to start working on it again from tonight... see what i can do by thurs, if its not done by thurs then it will probably be up for sale as spares.... but hope it doesnt come to that

ishaq

Just read the whole thread il offer a few thoughts if thats ok

firstly The first post confused the hell out of me :) i was like why's ishaq talking in third person lmao I've realised its your bro now (oh and telling mods to shut up or leave really wont help anyone)

Secondly Ishaq i really feel for you how everythings going wrong its so annoying. i had it with my black GT within a month of buying it the clutch shattered, driveshafts messed up popped out on the dual carriage way and shot the wheel and bottom arm off then the bottom end went on the engine it really was frustrating

however as for Tuning developments mechanics can only work with the parts you give them. they can fit everything for you perfectly but if you give them an untested engine and turbo and its fucked theres no way TD know that when fitting it and pretty much have no reason to fix the issue if it is shot. the turbo was prooved to be crap when paul put it on his car so that proves TD didnt do anything wrong

As for Fern she too could have been totally honest and after the accident sat on tickover revving it everything might have sounded sweet as a nut so she probably sold it genuinly as she thought it was in good condition.

The only thing i can say here matey is even though its not your fault learn a lesson for next time. Never be trusting of other peoples judgement with engines and turbo's. if you ever want to get another one go down and hear the engine running yourself so that if it is knackered you wont get skanked

really hope you sort this soon mate as quickly and easily as possible

steve

thank you steve..

i understand where you are coming from...

learnt a major lesson in life something i will never forget and nor will my pocket...

just praying that everything works out for me..

ishaq

i know mate is a pain in the rear, i had to scrap the yaris because i couldnt afford it, i sold the bloody motec and now need another thats gonna cost me double what i sold it for :).

hope you come to some decision that bennefits you the most.

thank you steve..

i understand where you are coming from...

learnt a major lesson in life something i will never forget and nor will my pocket...

just praying that everything works out for me..

ishaq

trust me mate never trust anyone 100% some will skank you some will genuinly not have any idea. however either way your own judgement is better than what other people say

My advice......stand back, take a deep breath, write a list of things to do then tick off one point at a time as you do them :)

i know mate is a pain in the rear, i had to scrap the yaris because i couldnt afford it, i sold the bloody motec and now need another thats gonna cost me double what i sold it for :p.

hope you come to some decision that bennefits you the most.

thanks mate.. hope i can..

i want my car back :)

trust me mate never trust anyone 100% some will skank you some will genuinly not have any idea. however either way your own judgement is better than what other people say

My advice......stand back, take a deep breath, write a list of things to do then tick off one point at a time as you do them :p

like i said learnt a major lesson in life...

im going to try to keep it... :) just unsure how to go about doing all the work..