Head unit going into protect mode after 30 minutes driving :( - HELP

Apologies if this is in the wrong section.

Hello all

I recently had a new clutch fitted on my car and have since found that after 30 minutes of driving i find that the Kenwood head unit goes into protect mode (meaning that there is a loose connection with regards to the stereo wiring but i've checked it all and there isn't). The head unit had this problem originally back in August but it was repaired by Kenwood and has worked fine since. At the time it was overheating as i could tell when i touched the top of the head unit it was very hot.

It seems like what is happening this time is that there isn't enough power going through to the head unit 30 minutes into driving. My view is that there is a loose connection either on the battery cables or from the alternator (possibly belt) which is not delivering enough voltage for the head unit to keep running. As i drive more the voltage is probably dropping but i can't check this whilst driving.

The head unit is definitely not getting very hot as it did previously so it can't be an overheating issue.

Any info or views on this much appreciated.

Many thanks

Was the gearbox earth put back on?? Is the unit earthed properly??

hi mate

thanks for the reply

the head unit was earthed fine as i've not had any other problems with it since Kenwood fixed it due to an overheating issue.

If the gearbox earth was not put back on then surely the head unit wouldn't work at all where was at the moment it runs for 30 minutes then goes into protect mode. What other parts on the car will the gearbox earth have an effect on if it's not been done?

thanks

ady

if its been fixed once for over heating and its doing it again then your best of buying a new one :D

hi mate

It's not overheating now, as i said it used to get very hot before on the top of the headunit but this time when it goes into protect mode, i've touched it and it seems like warm rather than very hot.

As i said before it was fine before i had the clutch fitted.

thanks

Take it back to kenwood?

hi mate

i'll have to take it back to the outlet i got it from first and they send it back to Kenwood

however they are funny with it as last time they were blaming my car for making the head unit faulty and they said they wont send it back again if it becomes fault

Also as an update the head unit is now constantly in protect mode so it won't play anything at all, but it does power up.

thanks