Big end bearing...

Hi All,

Quick story, I was driving the car other day on the duel carriage way doing about 60mph, I notice a loud knocking noise coming from the engine, and with in 5 sec I lost all power and the engine cut out. I try to restart but It was having none of it, I manage to come off the carriage way and stop safety. I start the car again, and this time It tick over, but comes with a very loud knocking noise, so Iâ??m guessing the big end bearing is gone.

My question its what other damage does it cause to the engine once the big end bearing is gone, while driving? Any input will be grateful.

knocking is usually the bottom end around 2.5 - 3k revs is where its worse but it will be apparent on idle

if its the top end it usually makes more of a rattle which can be caused by shims out of tollerence

but if your rings were changed then 99% your rods will have had to come out so they shud have changed the bearings too .............