Fitting bucket seat...how?

Got my spanky bucket seat...but the side mount fixings obviously don't fit the ep because of the floor pan layout...and I don't wanna hack it. So is there an aftermarket off the shelf subframe for buckets on the ep?

Or

Do I just modify the stock subframe to take the seat which should be easy to do.

i had to modify the one i had im my car, its not so easy to use the standard frame as its riveted to the original seat, and its in two peices from what i remember, so to be honest youre best off getting some angle steel and making one up yourself because of the amount of fabrication on the original frame.

yep the original frame isnt actually a frame, its PART of the seat, only way to remove it (which we had to for my recaro) was to angle grind it apart and hack it to pieces, then try and fabricate some sort of framework (although we managed to retain all sliding actions etc as the original seat uses).

its a bit of a nightmare really, you can get official frames but they aint cheap.

if you can remove em neatly, you'll find (as we did) that when they're chopped off they will need alot of metal for cross bracing etc (but we were mounting a sports recliner which sits on top, so was easier) as the actual base of the stock seat is used for rigidity rather than just the frames, so what you get off will be weak flimsy little pieces of shit and just generally a pain in the ass, so will require welding etc etc.

not the best design to work with really but you gotta deal with it in the best way you can.

If you do manage to get em off in a usable condition then you will need to add something to them to be able to use them.

the seat i recieved last night off paul (who collected it from scutch for me) is custom in its entirety, i havent had the chance to have a good look at it yet but its a complete bit of custom metalwork, so should be nice and strong, but from what i can see it doesnt use the sliding functions, unlike my custom recaro recliner frame which we managed to use and retain the sliding functions as the stock seat does, but i'm sure you'll figure something out when you get stuck into it.