alright folks, i havent been posting on here in a while, but any help or point in the right direction is appreciated.

ive tried searching the site for previous topics on this but cant find any.

got a problem with my 4efe idle speed, its ok when warming up but when it gets there it goes up to 1500 rpm, it did bring the eml on before but ive since changed the TB and sensors on it and thats got the eml off, but still has the problem with idle speed. ive checked all vaccum pipes and TB to mani gasket and all seem ok. any other advice?

thanks

alright folks, i havent been posting on here in a while, but any help or point in the right direction is appreciated.

ive tried searching the site for previous topics on this but cant find any.

got a problem with my 4efe idle speed, its ok when warming up but when it gets there it goes up to 1500 rpm, it did bring the eml on before but ive since changed the TB and sensors on it and thats got the eml off, but still has the problem with idle speed. ive checked all vaccum pipes and TB to mani gasket and all seem ok. any other advice?

thanks

Hi,

I had the same problem last week.

See the topic: http://www.ukstarletclub.com/forums/index....mp;#entry511462

I sorted my SR out by taking the TB off, remove all the sensors and then giving it a good clean with some carburettor cleaner. I made the mistake of using WD40 first which made it worse. I also disconnected my battery for about an hour which reset the ECU.

Hope this helps

Shahzad

after fighting with a few seized in screws and bolts thanks to a handy impact driver, i got the sensor off and as shahzad had predicted, the magnetic spindle thingy madoofer was seized, got a drop of carb cleaner in round it and freed it up, built it back up and shes running perfectly now.

thanks shahzad, top marks!!!