MeisterR review

Firstly a big thankyou to enzo for the top notch service!!! could not be happier kept in touch at EVERY step of the way there was not a point where i was worried and clueless as to where things were!

secondly although they arent members a big thankyou to all the lads who stood around and kept me company while i fitted them, providing my with a helping hand/someone to hold the torch/ ask questions and help the time pass!! really appreciate it guys

My previous setup was poor altough i had only fitted tien rear springs the handling had improved it wasnt something i wanted to keep forever. Doing alot of motorway miles i was disliking the setup more and more every journey i did there was no comfort whatsoever everyone who got in complained and pretty much refused to sit inside it. My mind was clear i wanted something new and not a second hand setup I searched for other setups konis, bilstien, and the possibility of getting some from japan all totaling around the £500+ mark and alot of headache to put together i.e adding the springs to shocks and then getting new top mounts etc etc

The only reason i settled for the meisters was the price was similar to what id pay for a new spring/shock/top mount set up, ease of fitting, the gleaming reviews and most of all at the end of the day coilovers always shit on shocks/springs so are a better investment overall and best bang for buck

They came very well packed and on time, first impressions although ive neved owned another set they seem well built came will a load of stickers too!!

Setting wise they were all 11 clicks from soft? and 2.3mm worth of thread on all the spring had already been tensioned so no need to touch that. It would have been nice to add a sachet of grease to stop the rings jamming on they also came with new topmount nuts and an allen key to adjust the top mount

i fitted them here at uni with very few tools

-3/8 ratchet + socket set

-axle stand

-standard car jack

-pound shop spanner set

-standard wheel wrench

-small adjustable spanner

and thats it!! will try and get some pics up later

fitting them was a breeze all in all id say roughly 3 hours with a few breaks in between, i fitted the rears first with 2.8 cm worth of thread and it seemed too low for my liking when driving around. later when fitting the fronts i made them 3.5cm and then went back and made the rears 4 cm they were easy to adjust with the provided C spanners!! The included diagram for the fronts was a big help reducing the need for opening everything back up to redo them.

The only problem i came across was the front brake line fittings, they did not seem to line up i bended the bracket to get a decent fix but im not totally satisfied with it.......visually the car looks spot i think i probably wont need a pan hard rod but its something i want to monitor and decide later if its needed when things are more settled

Next for the ride quality, i set all of them to the softest setting something told me it was best to have them here for bedding in...then all the lads got in thats 5 lads inc me and we took off first impressions were amazing even tho the car was fully laden there was a much noticed improvement in going over pot holes compared to when i had just lowering springs and shocks no loud bang or big shocks sent through the car when it went over just a thud and that was it!

round corners i wasnt expecting miracles due to the car being heavy/softest setting/new coilovers but it handled amazingly well very sharp and responsive! very little body roll

on the motorway is where i personally and the lads noticed the most improvement REALLY REALLY smooth ride we were doing speeds of 70-80 continually not forgetting the weight of the car as we had all eatin by now lol

the streets and town driving i could take corners at 30 instead of shifting down, im still getting used to it kinda chicken out at times and drive as if its on springs but its something ill get used too. ive not driven the car on my own so cant really chuck it about yet will update as i go along.

all in all if i were to improve anything it would be to include some sort of grease to prevent lock up and a better brake line fitting bracket design

Next step is to fit the ALK and get the alignment done any idea what i should get it set up at????

pics to come!!!

awesome review dude, mine is just 'wicked bit of kit' haha

gunna fit ollie ryans for him this weekend so he can leave some feedback too

but yeah, enzo was really helpful even with being out in oz for a funeral i think he said?? when i bought mine

Just a quick update the actual fitting time was around 2 hours

as for alignment settings im thinking of going

-1.5 camber OR -1 camber

+0.5 toe

max positive camber

Will be fitting the ALK asap possible pan hard rod

thanx for the clear, consice and informative review asad, ;)

in reagards toe settings i would not have the fronts toe in but nutral, i put +.5 degrees of toe in on the glanza and it made the stearing super sensative and skittish,

before i fitted these my car used to creek, knock and bang and the squeking was unberable but now with these fitted there is no noise at all and so much mre fun to drive, they are abit stiff but havnt bedded in yet even still they are not uncomftable

Hopefully going for a "cheap" wheel alignment today driverside wheel has some negative camber causing tyre wear and the steering wheel is wonky

im going for -1 camber and 0 toe this time round

Just finnished fitting mine, something just didnt feel right. Currenty sat in alignment place getting the offset and alignment checked, will report back in abit

Also did any 1 leave these as the height they came out the box, am getting a bit of rubbing on front when i corner hard. May need to higher her a bit

well my review is rather simple

AMAZING!!!!!!

but have one slight problem, i cant park at work anymore and the car is to low to get up onto the path lol

having my front wheels aligned saturday morning so cant wait to feel the difference then

higherd the front, no more scraping, done tire preasures and it alot better.

Shocks absorb bumps nicely on soft setting and hadling is great.

very happy with purchase now, will be even happier when i get alignment sorted properly :)