whining noise..:S

right, i just recently noticed the noise but im sure it didnt do it before i fitted the fmic.. the car boosts as it should and drives like it should however i can hear a slight whine especially when sat at 60-70 without foot on the accelerator and quites down with the sound of the engine as the speed drops..

could it even be a wheel bearing or something? im sure its not one of the belts..

might just be normal lol :S hard to explain really but any help would be appreciated.

Stop the car, and rev out of gear. If it still does it, it could be the bearing in the alternator worn down. They may be other issues that cause the same symptoms however.

Mine made similar noises that got worse and worse. In the end, I just swapped it out for another alternator, and that cured the problem. Lights were brighter and windows went down faster too afterwards :p

the noise isnt there when idling or when you rev it..

and my windows are pretty slow and lights dim a little when i use the switch for the windows so could be alternator.. but sounds like its coming from the left mre than the right :S lol