Faulty head unit and returns query

Hello all

Just to quickly recap, i purchased a Kenwood head unit back in August, had it installed and it kept going into protect mode. I took it back to the retailer they sent it back to Kenwood and they repaired it, the element that handles the voltage was faulty.

However since last week the same problem has started again, It goes into protect model after 20-21 minutes of the engine running. I have telephoned the retailer again to say the same problem has come up again and he is trying to fob me off saying that there is something wrong with the car and that it is an import, so it's my car at fault and the not head unit. If the head unit is at fault then it won't work at all. All the wiring has been checked again and everything is fine, i've tried a another Kenwood head unit and that is fine. Although that is a more a basic one.

I think it is heating up again and there is a handling issue with the head unit voltage again, although the head unit should be able to handle 12-16v as it states in the manual and my car is running the normal 14.4v.

He won't also take it back as i've had it repaired once, however can i return a product twice if faulty even though i have a 1 year warranty with it.

Any info much appreciated, especially with regards to returning the product for even though i've had it repaired once.

Many thanks

Hello all

Just to quickly recap, i purchased a Kenwood head unit back in August, had it installed and it kept going into protect mode. I took it back to the retailer they sent it back to Kenwood and they repaired it, the element that handles the voltage was faulty.

However since last week the same problem has started again, It goes into protect model after 20-21 minutes of the engine running. I have telephoned the retailer again to say the same problem has come up again and he is trying to fob me off saying that there is something wrong with the car and that it is an import, so it's my car at fault and the not head unit. If the head unit is at fault then it won't work at all. All the wiring has been checked again and everything is fine, i've tried a another Kenwood head unit and that is fine. Although that is a more a basic one.

I think it is heating up again and there is a handling issue with the head unit voltage again, although the head unit should be able to handle 12-16v as it states in the manual and my car is running the normal 14.4v.

He won't also take it back as i've had it repaired once, however can i return a product twice if faulty even though i have a 1 year warranty with it.

Any info much appreciated, especially with regards to returning the product for even though i've had it repaired once.

Many thanks

yes you can.

if not try phoning kenwood direct, it may be easier.

You can return it as many times as you want, if you still have the recipe I'd phone kenwood and sort it direct through them you'll get better customer service by the sounds of things plus name and shame the retailer mate no point in keeping them happy if there not keeping you happy

yes you can.

if not try phoning kenwood direct, it may be easier.

hi mate

is there a number of them? i've looked in the manual and there doesn't seem to be anything in that. Also on the Kenwood website it would be one of many numbers and i don't know where it was sent back to originally to get repaired?

thanks

You can return it as many times as you want, if you still have the recipe I'd phone kenwood and sort it direct through them you'll get better customer service by the sounds of things plus name and shame the retailer mate no point in keeping them happy if there not keeping you happy

Hi mate, hows the Glanza V going (you viewed my standard Glanza V when i was selling it back in 2009)

I'm trying to get a number of them as there are many, if you happen to know the number please do supply it.

Thanks

I've just rang them and the guy said to send it in.

However he is saying that even though there may not be a fault on wiring, he mentioned that my speakers could be fault as there may be too bassy (I don't increase the bass settings on the headunit). I only have standard front speakers and 6x9 in the back. There are no amplifiers or subs. The head unit should be able to easily handle the speakers in my car.