Hello,

Fitted my meister coilovers yesterday, had them aligned/set up straight away.

Has definatly made a big difference, corner speeds and the way it handles the bumps is a definate improvement over my last springs.

however i cant help feeling something is not quite right, im getting a squeking kinda noise coming from the rear over bumps also the feel of the steering doesnt quite feel the same, it doesnt seem as precise as before and seems to feel a little heavy?

Anyone else had this problem or know what i can check?

any info would be great!

checky your tyre pressures bud

and what hardness setting have you set them to? because you are supposed to let them settlefor a few weeks on the softest setting

but the squeeking at the back it just because of the coilovers themself, the chassis flex's more because the back end is stiffer than with standard shocks, so that normal

Preasures are checked which made a big difference doesnt pull to one side now. Steering still feels a little wobly. Have them on the softest setting. so maybe once ive let them bed it i can sitffen the fron may cure my issue of wobly feeling

it was feeling alot better today to be fair sorted all tyre preasure and what not is 100% better, i think where i have them on the softest setting makes it a lil wobly ill give it another week n stiffen them a little , think it was all in my head, cant see how i couldve put them on the wrong way though lol

its pretty easy to do, if you look at the pics on the fitting guide it shows how little difference there is from wrong way and right way lol

if you take a pic of you top mount from above, i can let you know lol

i almost done it when i was fitting mine :/

but yeah, like you said it could just be that your not used to the stiffness of the coilovers

Ive done 500miles on mine will be turning them all 5 clicks from soft today, tyre pressure is 34 all the way round toe has been set to zero and camber is -1......gonna go have some fun later

had them on my GT and would not get coilovers again they where awful, coilovers are meant for tracks tbh not the tipical english shitty roads.. good set of jap/stock coileys with good springs is what i have atm and its perfect! smooth!

Have not got a problem with the coilover themselfs, dont find them bumpy and found them to absorb bumps well, was just more concerned with my set up. paid 50 quid so have them set up and feel a bit mugged of as they didnt even look at the adjusted on my top mounts or anything :)

know what you mean, i dont need to undo anything at the bottom just the 4 top bolts, drop it down, rotate 180 back in, cheers for infor guys i just new something want right. Can we hide this thread once ive done it so no 1 can see what a tool ive been ha, my first diy job n gone tits up!