Gauging Interest of N/a owners

Attention ALL n/a owners. I have recently dealt with Toby and his business (Toy Tuning) in sourcing a cusco rear upper strut and BMCS for my n/a, and have chatted to him about the possibility of other parts.

I have to say that i have never dealt with a more pleasant and accomodating individual in my life and i honestly mean that! his service is flawless!!!! i cannot fault him in the slightest.

I have agreed to attempt to gauge the potential interest in performance parts for n/a's for him on UKSC as he has said that if there is a demand for them he will look into sourcing more n/a specific parts for all us n/a owners, which i think is very kind and considerate of him considering his main market would be that of the turbo owners.

SO, with that being said, could i please have some feedback about the possible future demand for n/a specific parts from Japland, i know personally that there are several items on my wish list that he will be able to source for me.

please leave some feedback guys tht i can relay back to Toby, thanks.

Phil.

K guys

Being interested is cool but please give the man some better feedback.

There will always be a niche`& demand for n/a compatible parts which a lot of the aftermarket stuff does fit the bill.

What sort of parts would you be interested in?

Joz

Well if its available Toby can pretty much source anything be it from UK suppliers or imported from Japan direct from either companys over there or off the auctions.

Some parts you can source from toyota direct but you very well know that they are extortionate e.g headlights etc

One word of caution is that most stuff from the auctions can be pricey due to the inevitable import taxes and handling charges they slap on it and whe it enters this country but most times is well worth it. I have bought stuff in triple figures and was quite satisfied.

This is an example of stuff that toby can get.

JDM Stuff

Suspension - covers a lot of stuff and this is a major area you can sort if u want to tune your na to perfection

Aftermarket body parts - quite pricey but some of the stuff on offer is awesome.

e.g JAM Racing, ZEP Racing, Cruise

This is an example of stuff most often found on yahoo auctions

Yahoo Auctions

Stuff like JDM ecus will defo be sourced from here.

A lot of the glanza stuff appears on here too.

Seats also feature a lot but are u prepared to pay.

Same goes for the proper seat rails.

You have to be realistic as the n/a market is limited in specific parts altho a lot of stuff will bolt on.

Steering wheels are common and can easily be found on the net or ebay, not really worth paying over £200-£300 for a steering wheel unless you are mad.

There are not an awful lot of engine performance parts for us, most stuff you would have to be creative with and most parts are engine dress up or very minimal gains such as fancy leads, iridium spark plugs etc. Individual ideas for the engine side of things is the way forward.

The best area to mod for the na is the suspension side for definite.

Whats the point of looking damn good if you handle like a sack of maris pipers.

If anyone has any other ideas let us know.

Just a little slice of my thoughts for you as Im having a brainfryday at college.

Its YOUR N/A, lets hear more of YOUR NEEDS!

You would also need a healthy supply of beans to get far with the n/a.

Joz

is this the website toysport the sister site of glanza.co.uk by any chance of is he sort of a free lance bloke, il have a look through all the stuff on tgtt later on but from the looks of it looks good but as you've said parts need to be specific and what not

Thinking out loud, what does the NA need that the Glanza doesn't have?

I mean all the suspension gubbins coily's, strut bars, anti-lift kits, brushes, etc are the same on both so Glanza kit is our kit too

Engine bits, ignoring turbo bits, the rest should work RRFR, Lighter pulley wheels, Spark plugs, SP leads, etc same gubbins again

Drive train, clutch, LSD, etc same gubbins once more (as far as I'm afaware)

Exhausts, might be a difference here as we don't have a turbo in out out piping, but a backbox is all you really need (that said I do kinda fancy a whole system mani to hi-flow cat and backbox)

Brakes/service stuff/interior stuff all similar enough

There will be demand for the clear headlights and indicator lenses, but sure if he's already got a deal with toyota to supply parts he can sort that out on a 'as-needed' basis

So what do I want, that I can't see?

I fancy a better alternator, and seat rails for bucket seats (which everybody does! :rolleyes: ), If I don't get the Lip Idrees is selling I'd want a lip of some sort(TTE replica, or whatever)

The rest is either Glanza stuff that fits, or is going to come from a scrap yard

Unless somebody can think of something I've missed?

There are a lot of parts available that are compatible, everything you mentioned is as if you would be seriously into tuning your n/a. It all depends on what you want, that question cant be answered for you so surely you should have some individual ideas on the direction of your car and what you would be realistically going ahead with? Some things such as lsd would be a waste of time for us, you wont be struggling for traction on the ickle 4e. Altho the other stuff u mentioned such as RRFPR, leads and sparks would defintely work. Backboxes can defo be sourced and full exhaust systems too, if your looking for a hi flow cat system best bet would be custom.

Also the clutch would be have to be n/a specific, turbo ones arent compatible. For the record there is no TTE splitter replica :rolleyes:

Lets hear some thoughts from some other n/a owners, give them a chance to voice their ideas of what they want.

Joz

I've heard back from Toby, as Joz and i have both said he can get his hands on most things from Japland and the yahoo auctions which is great because i canny use the auctions :lol::rolleyes:

If there are particular parts in demand let me (or for that matter Joz) know and we will contact Toby directly,a ltho all bein well he should be active on this forum in the near future so u can go to him directly. or just use tgtt to contact him. the main idea behind this thread is to see if there is much in the way of aftermarket parts demand for n/a's.

Phil.

I demand a Carbon Bonnet for the n/a!!!!

There isnt much that can be done to the n/a engine peformance wise so i just want to concentrate on the handling, stopping, and styling.....

Things i defintiley want would be..... anti-lift kit, adjustable panhard rod (on car adjustable), BCS, Rear strut or cross brace or even a nice Cusco cage!!! Seats rails are a definite need and maybe a set of JDM seats!!! then theres the body work side... i nonly really want a decent front lip and spoiler but maybe interestedd in some sides and rear but depends on what they are

Thank you please :rolleyes:

I believe there are JAP ones out there but I know they will be hard to find and expensive.

Are you people really up for paying £250-£300+ for an exhaust mani?

Didnt think so... Its cool being interested but are you really going to buy one?

I mean Im interested in a lot of things lol. Have to be realistic but if you guys are really going to get one then my bad.

We'll still ask Toby to search if there is an n/a option available zorst mani wise. I've heard of them appearing on yahoo

auctions but I've never seen one.

N/a bonnet sounds good tho.

Joz

Oh defo mate!!!

Would be ultimate for us n/a owners, especially if your sticking to the n/a lights and bumper.

Front Scoop, Reverse Scoop or No Scoop haha ;) I would defo be in dude, pinch those pennies together.

Joz

right, MartinJKent has got me the link on TGTT where Dave Burwash says he can get n/a c/f bonnets with a min order of 10. however this is kinda hijackin this thread slightly on poor Toby so we should start a new one about these soon, probably talkin about £400. it'll be after insurance and alarm for me. Joz dude feel free to start a new thread in the group buy section sure mate and we'll make headway there! ;) B)

I can enquire to Toby about these aswell.

Phil.

CF bonnet for me, money is very tight so I dunno when

On the exhaust mani's an American company called Pace Setter I believe (horse logo) do a system(see Riko's Paseo catalogue) for 5E engines, the mani might be a bit tall needing custom work to make it fit, but I suppose a group could be organised for a shorter mani