Leaking rear oil seal

Just a general question to all, serious honest answers please:

How important/bad is a leaking rear oil seal.

Toyota told me it will eventually wreck the clutch/flywheel if it keeps on leaking (but I don't know if that's ijust them trying to get money out of me for the job)

(not actually going to Toyota for work if it does get done though as far too pricey)

Your feedback please ;)

they are tellin you the truth mate. in fact your clutch is already shagged if its leaking.

the seal is only a couple of bucks to buy. but you gotta take the gearbox out. so its time consuming. it wont do no damage to your flywheel though.

id get it done mate to be honest. when it starts leaking really bad your clutch will get badly contaminated and wont bite.

its probably slipping already though is it?

Not slipping atm but shall be getting it done very soon if that's the case.

Cheers for the advice Neil B)

Thing is Toyota quoted £660 for the work to be done, but have been quoted £250 and £300 at other garages ;)

Think of Toyota as charging double, and the work is not always the best.

Find a reputable garage that can do this fixture for you, which you already have done.

Get it sorted and then move ahead with your project, its a shame because £300 would have upgraded a major part of your car.

talk soon

Joz