Just bought a glanza v the other day and everything is perfect apart from, the earth cable on the boost controller kept coming free from the headunit as it was just stuck on with tape.

I then earthed it correctly, then took it for a spin and everything was working ok.

Now when i do hit the turbo, it creeps up. It was set on 0.85 bar then it crept to 0.91 now its up to 0.98 and i havnt tried to reset it.....

I'm new to this so any help would be awesome, but i may not understand what you mean lol. So if you could put it as basic as possible that would be cool :wub:

It was checked over before i bought it and everything was fine with the turbo etc, so i cant see what would be causing this?

Thanks

porting the wastegate on the turbo is the most common way i think, luckily ive never had a major isssue with it so not to clued up on the exact ways of how to fix it but if you do the search there is loads of info!

best way is to go externally wastegate so youd need a manifold to suit etc a external wastegate n all that lot i just picked up one for £450

or if ya know it creeps , set ya controller to say 0.7 then it will creep to 0.8 :wub:

basically the internal part of the turbo like the flap opens n closes to let pressure though, when it cracks more pressure then u want is let trough so you weld that flap shut n go for an external wastegate - this then controls the boost alot better

hello lads this was my old starlet! doesnt need to run an external wastegate setup nor does he need to port the td04 wastegate to run 0.9 bar! the internal setup is more than adequate at this boost. all he needs to do is adjust the settings on the boost controller to adjust the gain features to stop it spiking.

danny dont panic you dont need to change to an external setup on a TD04 running this low boost!

It's a ct9 problem that's why mate td04's don't have that prob

exactly, can people stop giving this lad bad advice! TD04 wastegate doesnt need porting, its size can easily control the flow of exhaust gases and is big enough to control the boost internally, particularly at 0.9 bar, ive seen people run 1.4 bar on internal setups. the issue is with the boost controller for some reason creeping, which i think is down to the gain setting being too high on it, although i never had this issue myself and always held 0.92 bar spot on

exactly, can people stop giving this lad bad advice! TD04 wastegate doesnt need porting, its size can easily control the flow of exhaust gases and is big enough to control the boost internally, particularly at 0.9 bar, ive seen people run 1.4 bar on internal setups. the issue is with the boost controller for some reason creeping, which i think is down to the gain setting being too high on it, although i never had this issue myself and always held 0.92 bar spot on

no one has given any advice ?! al i said was an external wastegate helps sort out boost creep <--- is that statement incorrect NO did i ever say quick go out u MUST buy one NO

no one has given any advice ?! al i said was an external wastegate helps sort out boost creep <--- is that statement incorrect NO did i ever say quick go out u MUST buy one NO

well to be fair you did say best way is to get a manifold and go external wastegate which cost you £450 when its not really isit? didnt mean to sound rude but this lad is new so dont want him panicking and thinking he needs to change his whole setup, and fair enough he didnt say it was td04 so people wernt to know.

i had this car setup on the dyno and it never overboosted or crept, think its something to do with the boost controller gain settings or something, its not really a turbo issue.

alright guys no need to argue lol.

just dont want you panicking about it, thinking you need to change to external wastegate or port out the turbo when its not needed mate, anyway issue sorted now as per our phone call and play about with that boost controller. Ive sent you a PM aswell....