In the middle of spraying wing mirrors

Hi,

im in the middle of spraying my wing mirrors off my n/a. Im using spray cans i got from halfords. i have the primer finished and got a good result but I've put on the 1st coat of paint and tried to apply it thinly however one of the mirrors has 3 or 4 large paint drips ... is there a way to remove these from the paint work without starting all over again. I am a novice when it comes to this and need the help of someone more in the know..... could i give them a v.light sand once this coat dries or would the next 2/3 coats cover these up.

help here would be greatly appreciated lads.

Id of thought they would cover them dude, but becareful when trying to spray over them as ive dont this many of times and ended up with runs :lol: id say another 2-3 coats with a 5-10mins drying time between each coat should cover them up :)

Good luck dude and show us finished picks when you done :wacko:

I sprayed mine recently pal and found the same problem. just wait for them to fully dry as a few others said and then wet and dry them. i used cheap rattle spray cans form the local shop and mine look really good tbh matey. i did a satin black base and white mirrors. I dont know if your supposed to or not but i never laquered mine as the paint on the car isnt laquered so i thought would look abit odd. Anyway pal good luck and get some pick up when your done ;)

finally have them done,

disaster struck towards the end when i thought they were dry took them out of the homemade spray box and the some newspaper got on top and stuck.

IMAG0395.jpg

IMAG0394.jpg

i gave them a wash due to having no paint left to sand and respray and another couple of coats of laquer, in the wake of how disgusted i was that the paper stuck im happy enough with the final result for my first time spraying anything .

ones better than the other

IMAG0397.jpg

IMAG0398.jpg

IMAG0396.jpg

this is my starlet about a year ago, havent looked after it like i should have but its all gonna change soon. big plans

starlet.jpg