RISING RATE FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR

has any one fitted one to an n/a. it something ive been planning to do for a while but im a bit unsure if i will be capable of fitting it myself?

how hard is it, and is the fitting the same as it is on a turbo?

any help will be great. thank you please. im just trying to feed my addiction for power untill i can afford a turbo. so im just having a play with the n/a route.

keirz

in basic terms it ups the fuel pressure and supply which will give more benifit to the free flowing exhaust and filter. more air is not really that benificial if there isnt the fuel there in the mixture to back it up.

im wanting to do this alot but i have also seen something made by hks, not sure of the name of it but it is used with your standard ecu to tweek fueling a small amount.

maybe someone in the know can clear this for me?

on further investigation it is an hks afr.

here is the description

The HKS AFR is designed to allow small 'trimming' adjustments to the fuel mixture. On mildly tuned vehicles (exhaust and induction system changes), simple richening or leaning of the fuel mixture may be beneficial. The AFR will modify the signals sent to the engine management system from the original Air Metering unit, allowing a simple alteration to the air / fuel ratio.

are these the same fitting amongst the toyota range or are they car specific?

help please!

You can get an Apexi SAFC to do the same job -- you can trim fuelling at 12 points along the rev range +-30%

======================EDIT==========================

I've just looked at the manual for my SAFC -- it's got the jumper settings for the 4EFE so yeah, you can use it on the NA. I thought you could, but wasn't sure if it was just for the more popular NA engines like BA16's etc?

thanks lobo mate.

i think it may be too expensive, and complex to set up for me. but i want one really bad!! would be cool to have and would compliment my current mods nicely. but i have to think if its really worth it.

Hehe Im away for one night and I come back to this.

I have one but not fitted it yet, its universal and comes complete with pressure gauge, it looks easy to setup but will need tweeking for the ideal psi when in use.

It all goes in conjunction with my overall plans (large objects in my room) as I believe it will help my setup pretty well :)

Keirz, nothing ventured, nothing gained...

That is the motto of the N/A Realist :p

Im off for some dimsum.

Joz

joz you are now officially our fpr guniea pig!

nothing ventured nothing gained, but nothing spent takes me one step closer to the glanza finishing line! i would love to do one or two more little performance mods to my n/a though just to make it more enjoyable till i get the turbo.

as for your plans, i have no idea dude just the way you like it!

joz you are now officially our fpr guniea pig!

nothing ventured nothing gained, but nothing spent takes me one step closer to the glanza finishing line! i would love to do one or two more little performance mods to my n/a though just to make it more enjoyable till i get the turbo.

as for your plans, i have no idea dude just the way you like it!

Im nobody's guinea pig lol. Im pushing the standard that hopefully no one will follow.

It will work different for me as I will have other things going on in the bay so my overall experience should be different.

Gotta love this technical section.

Joz