its not a starlet but...

has anybody had any experience with a golf 20v t? what are they like my mate mite be swapping one for his b16a civic

My mate had a 150bhp 20vt golf and it was slow so he got it chipped and it went to 180bhp and it was still slow.there a big heavy car that need a lot of power to be quick,good engine though

Not a Golf, but I've driven a 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line, same engine right?

It wasn't nippy off the line seeing as it's FWD and heavy, but once it got going it felt fast. The quality inside is second to none being an Audi but I felt the handling let it down as it was a bit rolly

i would personally choose a Civic. not a fan of MK4 golf or Civic. But i'll choose the civic anyday.

MK4 Golfs got too many electric problems (from experience, but we had a TDI) Not amazingly quick, just slightly above average for its kind.

lmao the tdi is better than the 20v t, your mate will be gutted tbh as they realy are shite! way too slow and way too heavy!!

i agree,the tdi is a good car and nippy enough for a diesel.the one i drove was chipped and running 180bhp.

Not a Golf, but I've driven a 2004 A4 1.8T S-Line, same engine right?

It wasn't nippy off the line seeing as it's FWD and heavy, but once it got going it felt fast. The quality inside is second to none being an Audi but I felt the handling let it down as it was a bit rolly

thats exactly what his golf was like on the corners