how long does your car last for when fuel light is on

hi,

just wondered how much i would get out of my car when fuel light is on? how many miles when driving locally 30mph roads, i currently have a ep91 n/a and was running for 4miles with it on and then put a full tank of petrol in and cost me £45. just wanted to know how far you can take until it decides to stop so i know for next time lol!

anyone took it to the limit before and ran out?

hi,

just wondered how much i would get out of my car when fuel light is on? how many miles when driving locally 30mph roads, i currently have a ep91 n/a and was running for 4miles with it on and then put a full tank of petrol in and cost me £45. just wanted to know how far you can take until it decides to stop so i know for next time lol!

anyone took it to the limit before and ran out?

my light came on other day. i filled up straight away and cost me 42 quid and it normally costs 57 quid so still got a good 15 quid left in it. but I've never ran it out.

when i first past my mate used to swear blind he had 30 miles when the light come on and he used to set the counter everytime it came on,

he ran out of petrol many times and parents had to go get him so he knew what he was talking about ha.

spose it all comes down to the car and how fast yourdrive though

i put £56 in mine on monday, that was on v power. think the pump said id put in 37 liters. but it was the emptiest ive ever had it, tbh my light comes and goes until it does get proper on the low side. id say your good for 20 mile :thumbsup:

leave a jerry can full of petrol in your boot and find out! :thumbsup:

would have thought someone else must have tried it first, would never do it myself lol! i heard people have have problems with crap from fuel tank going into car a messing up other engine parts so i would never do it. happend to a guy i knew with a merc.

my light came on other day. i filled up straight away and cost me 42 quid and it normally costs 57 quid so still got a good 15 quid left in it. but I've never ran it out.

Do you have the red n/a glanza rep car?

when i first past my mate used to swear blind he had 30 miles when the light come on and he used to set the counter everytime it came on,

he ran out of petrol many times and parents had to go get him so he knew what he was talking about ha.

spose it all comes down to the car and how fast yourdrive though

lol at parents had to get him. 30 miles is very good...what sort of prices was petrol then?

i put £56 in mine on monday, that was on v power. think the pump said id put in 37 liters. but it was the emptiest ive ever had it, tbh my light comes and goes until it does get proper on the low side. id say your good for 20 mile :o

do the glanza's have bigger petrol tanks than the n/a's?

the fuel light on my starlet comes on and off depending on what corner i go round or hill i go up lol

and also, the 1/4 marks on fuel guages on starlets are not equal if you get what i mean. so wen it says empty on the guage, the needle can still go below the last mark

not that i try to run it low too often, down want it to drag all the shit from bottom of tank through.

I'll take a picture of my gauge and bet know one will take theirs that low :thumbsup: lol

Its seriously 5mm under empty!

Tapped the tank the other day and sounded like there wasnt a drop in there lol

i tend to let it come on on the way home, then get petrol on the way to work the next day.

but it comes on and off up hills/corners.

i heard its not good for starlets (or turbo engines) in general to run right to the bottom, so i try not to

Slightly off topic but any help would be appreciated,

Fuel light came on the other day, put about 20 quid in, roughly half a take showing on the gauge but the fuel light is now sticking on constant, what needs replacing?

Jamie

Slightly off topic but any help would be appreciated,

Fuel light came on the other day, put about 20 quid in, roughly half a take showing on the gauge but the fuel light is now sticking on constant, what needs replacing?

Jamie

float is stuck maybe?