New/What springs, Or RARB + ALK

Currently have cusco springs on my new KYB Excel G`s, and it handles well bar the body roll on the back which is gay. i think my car is sat too high at the back at the moment, and cant decide on whether to buy new springs (But which ones?) or Get The RARB + ALK. i love how it rides at the moment, not too stiff and it tracks the road brilliantly.

Cant quite find which springs are supposed to be the best mind.

Heres a pic of how its sitting now

P1000669.jpg

Thanks

RARB & ALK no question. You will love your car and not want to waste money on more springs, the body roll will still be there without the Whiteline bits!

EDIT: I'm going for the lowest known springs on the GT, 40mm PIs which actually settle at about 45mm. Only going for those then the Whiteline stuff when I can afford it

True thats exactly what i was thinking. just gay as its starting to bug me thinking its higher at the back. but then i was thinking its like that for a reason as there cuscos?

And yeh the body roll on the back is the only thing that lets it down now it has the better brakes and Paradas on it, feels like its floating away lmao

And thats the springs i was thinking of buying seing you N/A on them. did the whiteline bits make a mega differnece?

Lmao think i have been persuaded. at the moment i feel held back by the car, as the back end feels all rolly and you have to countersteer to compensate. think im going to order them but i have spent nearly £300 this week on the car.....

And dont shoot me for suggesting this, but my rear cusco springs have like 5 coils at the top that are near enough touching, if i cut them down directly on the end of the spring so it seats in the same place, will it be okay?

Thanks

I don't have any idea on cutting springs. I thin bucketep91 did it on his EP95?

The RARB/ALK/Rear brace combo will defo sort your issues out though, my NA is only let down by power now really!

Firstly don't cut springs! :thumbsup:

Secondly! An alk and rear arb will not stop body roll! Dont get me wrong they are mega and defiantly worth evey penny but they will not stop roll! IMHO a alk will not make a huge amount off difference on an n/a! The arb will help with the predictability of over steer and make it much more controllable and give greater feel!

There are only 2 real ways to reduce roll braces (rear and c pillar) and lowered stiffened suspension! Whether it's coils or S&S!

IMHO of course!

Rob

I thought it stops body roll to an extent as it ties the suspension together so one side doesnt extend as much and the other side doesnt compress as much in turn stopping body roll? and so your thinking just the RARB then? and its mabye not body roll that im trying to explain, its the feeling that one side is compressing and the other side is almost lifting up.

And yeh im not going to cut them, just buy a new set of PI`s or others if people can suggest?

I also have a front strut brace coming, would it be better if i modded it to fit the back?

Thanks lads

The RARB alone won't cut body roll that much, because it's the top of the suspension you need to tie together with a brace.

I'd personally buy a proper rear brace and just a GT/Glanza front brace

Rear arb's won't affect that feeling they just reduce lateral movement of the rear beam! The up and down motion of it is actually not stiff at all!

Like amjad says start with front and rear braces! They will help the most IMO! Then suspension the lower stiffer suspension will make it mor lift off oversteery that's when you'll need the arb!

Yea that would be the way I'd go!

How much do the springs lower any idea?

Lowering with standard shocked will always feel a little wallowy due to the way the shocks compress and rebound and are designed to do so to absorb bumps but not great for cornering! Lol springs help but only to a point!

I dont have a clue dude, theres like a 2finger gap in the fronts and mabye 3 or 4 finger in the back? the new shocks made a tremondous difference and its relatively stiff, just the back is higher for some reason.

Rear brace may be ordered tommorow then, il be skint by the end of the week lmao