inlet cam timing marks?

hi there,

i marked the cams position when i took the inlet cam off, i have put it back in what appears to be the same position but after finishing everything and starting it i am gettin a nasty rattle,

are there any factory timing marks in the inlet cam i can look for?

HELP i need it running right for tomorrow for a charity car event :D and its getting dark outside :D

The rattle will be the cam mesh gear on the inlet cam. Its tensioned and if you didn't put a service bolt through it then when it came out one half of it can move back, it will damage nothing but give an anoying meshy metalic rattle from the head. To sort it you need to tale em out twist the back half (side facing away from cam lobes) and put a 6mm bolt through the hole to hold tye tension, put them back bolt em down then remove the 6mm bolt and the spring locks the gears tightly :D

No i was un-aware of this :D, i thought it was like any other car but clearly not :D

i will no try to do as shorty has said,

im so annoyed its something simple :D more research when working on the car next time :(

im a honda lad originally so didnt know about this :(

Thanks for your help guys

silly question but did you put the service bolt on the camshalf?

So in theory i can drive it to the charity event tomorrow and sort it monday after work yeah?

definately wont do any harm as i dont wanna drive it unless it definately will be ok.

how sure are you on this?

cheers rob

No probs and don't panic, it can damage nothing it just sounds nasty :D

Yea will be fine, I'm 100% its ok mines been like it for over 4 months. The billet cam holds my mesh gear to tight to let the spring tension so its meshy n rattles. But I've never been fussed as my whole forged engine is loud due to the parts used. So long as you put them back in the same place and didn't move the bottom pully the mesh gear is the only thing it can be, and like I say that is just an anoying meshy metal noise. No harm can be caused by un tensiond mesh gear bud.

Can double check the timing didn't move buy rotating the engine and lining up the two dimples on the inside of the mesh gear on the inlet with the one dimple on the inside of the exhuast mesh gear. When timed in the 3dimples form a straight line all nest to each other where the two mesh gears meet.