Mild steel mani's "THE HOW TOO KEEP THEM LOOKING GOOD"

well as socks has quite rightly pointed out in nearly every thread for some one with a mild steel mani the black paint burns off quick as fook lol. we have realised (me and my mates) the answer is to very VERY slowly bring the mani up to temp. we have sepnt a while ideling the car then letting it cool right back down again then bringing it further up the temp then cooling down again, after sevral build ups to an eventual normal running temp the answer is to the build the temp of the mani more by boosting a little then letting it cool again. yes its a long winded pain in the arse, but so far it seems to keep the mani black and the heat paint has "baked" rather than just burned off.

mods feel free to shift this around, wasnt overly sure where to put it :)

well as socks has quite rightly pointed out in nearly every thread for some one with a mild steel mani the black paint burns off quick as fook lol. we have realised (me and my mates) the answer is to very VERY slowly bring the mani up to temp. we have sepnt a while ideling the car then letting it cool right back down again then bringing it further up the temp then cooling down again, after sevral build ups to an eventual normal running temp the answer is to the build the temp of the mani more by boosting a little then letting it cool again. yes its a long winded pain in the arse, but so far it seems to keep the mani black and the heat paint has "baked" rather than just burned off.

mods feel free to shift this around, wasnt overly sure where to put it :)

Shorty the only probs is when you do a long run on the motorway, an bugger what Socks says :) he's a stain less whore!!

Lol its not a trash socks thread although he is a stainless whoare lol (love you realy matt) you miss the point, slowly up to temp, lots of switch offs, otherwise yes its burns off in two mins flat, as soon as its smokes turn off, then cool then warm it a bit more. You have to bake it hard not burn the shit out of it lol. Has taken us a good few warm ups and cool downs, id a sloooooow process, may work better if you bake it in the oven but I couldn't be arsed lol. So we did it this way :)

Little bit of boost then let it cool? Might aswell buy a kia picanto an not boost at all lmao good idea for anyone wanting to keep their mani's looking good tho.

Or justr get it covered with some ceramic paint theres a few companies do it and it helps with power and heat :)

What temp paint is everyone useing? i used the black very high temperature paint think it takes upto 650 c / 12000 f and never had a problem with it didnt burn off etc but then again i sold my glanza 3weeks after painting the mani so not sure how long it lasted after i sold it.. will have to ask lewis and see if the jam mani still has the paint on if it dose then everyone should go out and buy some lol