electronic superchargers

just wondered if they are any good? my mates been looking into them, i wasnt too keen at first but after looking into it it doesnt look to bad as long as you buy a decent one.

also do they need a air flow meter for them to work? therefore rendoring them useless on a starlet os it has a MAP sensor instead.

anyone got any knowledge on these?

They really don't work lol!! The one we made was so powerful it actually moved me on a computer chair lol!! I was that conserned it was gonna damage the engine that we put it on speed 2 to start with lol!! Then wacked it on full chap wen we realised it done nout!! It was like a leaf blower lol!! The ones you buy are like a fart

waste of money google "electric superchargers" and scam or rip off after it and youl see just what theyre worth, apparently most dont even create enough air to compensate for the power drain it takes to run them.

yep thy bad news, u need a 50V battery at least to get any kind of air movment that will give u any kind of gains. plus with thm having a fan with bearing taking up most of the intake track the air it moves just gives u back the air lost by this restriction plus if the fan or bearing fails than into the engine it goes. if it could be done then it would be on production car. look into CO2 cooling for N/A thy work better, or noz. or a sprintex screw type charger have fitted 1 of these to a civic type r and gives the best low down booste of any supercharger and is so neat and compact its un true plus u do not need to run a intercooler as it does not compress the air or add heat. I lov um lots thy sexy.

hope this sheds som light

chris

cheers guys, from what ive read and seen in videos they looked the part. my thoughts are maybe they need a MAF sensor to work? and with the starlet havin a MAP sensor it doesnt have one, maybe thats why it didnt make much difference adz?

bin looking into nos too, doesnt look to hard to do tbh just quite expensive.

cheers guys, from what ive read and seen in videos they looked the part. my thoughts are maybe they need a MAF sensor to work? and with the starlet havin a MAP sensor it doesnt have one, maybe thats why it didnt make much difference adz?

yep get a good system, the WON nitrous system are very weel built and give the best from the Nozzels. buyers bewar thr are som cheap crap system on the market like everything else.

naa i reckon if use it on a car with a maf sensor jus make it run too rich. u cant generate pressures like you can with a turbo or supercharger.

• 1 month later...