Pls Help :( drestrict 1st and 2nd plus Gutting the Catalist

ok i have a 98 glanza with standard actuator a race air filter plus standard ecu no boost guage!!

i have recently gutted the catalist and drestict the 1st and 2nd!!

now after hiting boost my car all of a sudden stops or over boost and the engine light comes on??

i did feel the major diffrent in power now, but why is my car over boosting ?

pls i'm very scared :lol: did i do something wrong!!

m i hiting fuel cut?? if so what can i do to fix this major problem thx in advanced

Now you have derestricted it, the gasses are flowing out of your engine quicker so its sucking more air in no doubt, but the fueling hasnt increased. Your hitting fuel cut as the car is sensing your running more boost than it was designed for out of the factory.

Buy your self a fuel cut defender, which will stop the engine management light coming on and your car from losing power( it will bypass the safety cut) DONT FIT IT WITHOUT UPRATING THE FUELING or it WILL go bang! i have seen loads of people knackering their starlets just by installing a FCD without sorting out the fueling too, its very important on a turbo charged car!!

you will need to up your fueling to ensure its not going to run lean and melt somthing.

Cheapest was is a RRFPR (rising rate fuel pressure regulator) or some kind of engine management ECU, there is loads on the forums on how to do it, so use the search option :lol:

thx mate will do so!!

anyone else??

booost creep mate..

need to get a fcd

port wastegate / get external wastegate

hks actuator...

An FCD with no fuelling mods is very bad advice.

An adjustable actuator may help control the boost better or porting the wastegate should sort it so you can control and lower the boost, for now put the restriction back in or go easy with your right foot and keep an eye on the boost gauge - if you dont have one get one!

If you want to run at the higher boost ie above fuel cut you'll need other supporting mods.

yup listen to Wallace!

An adjustable actuator may help control the boost better or porting the wastegate should sort it so you can control and lower the boost, for now put the restriction back in or go easy with your right foot and keep an eye on the boost gauge - if you dont have one get one!

If you want to run at the higher boost ie above fuel cut you'll need other supporting mods.

damn it :D saw the crack inside the wastegate,theres this little carcked runing from outside the hole where the flapper is to the inside!!

is there anything i can do to fix this cracked?? i have read about porting it somehow??

sory i'm really new at this and don't know a lot :D

like a said everything on my car is stock well except now that i have gutted the catalist oh also i have this big filter intake don't have the stock one as you can see on the photoIMG-20110415-00085.jpg

• 6 months later...

I don'tmean to intrude mate....but i'm wanting to do some mods soon.

Currently I have the 1st and 2nd gear restriction bypassed, and an air filter fitted, I want to fit an exhaust system soon before anything else, but fear this will cause boost creep into fuel cut, to combat this do I just need to get an FCD(not a HKS one) and an RRFPR? How do I go about setting the RRFPR or is it easy?

Cheers