Kenwood Head unit repaired but now another problem :(

Hello all

After 1 month since having my head unit sent back to Kenwood by the retailer i purchased it from, it has now been returned and have been told is should work fine.

It has been repaired twice for going into protect mode, however upon plugging it all back up it seems to be working fine, however there is another problem which is that even though i could adjust the bass, treble, mid range, fader and balance on the head unit, it doesn't sound any different at all when output through the speakers.

Yet another unusual problem as i've turned the bass fully up but nothing changes and everything sound as if all the settings are at normal or 0.

Could anyone advise on what the problem may be?

It seems like Kenwood may have removed something in order to fix the protect mode problem. Not happy at all as i'll to take it back again and wait another month to get it back and they won't give me a replacement.

Thanks

How old is it, if its 12 months or less and you have your receipt you will be entitled to a full refund under "The sales of goods act" if the retailer wont give you a refund and is insisting on the manufactures warrenty that is a load of bull.

You are entitled to:

Faulty items and your consumer rights

Any item you buy from a trader (eg shop or online shop) must be:

• of satisfactory quality
  • fit for purpose
  • as described

If it isn't, the item is faulty and you can usually get one of the following:

• repair
  • replacement
  • refund

Now that you have sent it back to the manufacturer for repair twice and still it doesnt work, you will easily be able to get your money back from the shop as the product isnt permforming to be "fit for purpose."

Just mention consumer rights and if they dont refund then you will complain to them and they will get the money back for you.

Goto here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentciti...vices/DG_194650

then call them on 08454 04 05 06 and explain the problem, they are really helpfull and they will get your money back no problem! I did it with a flat screen tv that a shop refused to give me a refund on which kept breaking :lol:

How old is it, if its 12 months or less and you have your receipt you will be entitled to a full refund under "The sales of goods act" if the retailer wont give you a refund and is insisting on the manufactures warrenty that is a load of bull.

You are entitled to:

Faulty items and your consumer rights

Any item you buy from a trader (eg shop or online shop) must be:

• of satisfactory quality
  • fit for purpose
  • as described

If it isn't, the item is faulty and you can usually get one of the following:

• repair
  • replacement
  • refund

Now that you have sent it back to the manufacturer for repair twice and still it doesnt work, you will easily be able to get your money back from the shop as the product isnt permforming to be "fit for purpose."

Just mention consumer rights and if they dont refund then you will complain to them and they will get the money back for you.

Goto here

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Governmentciti...vices/DG_194650

then call them on 08454 04 05 06 and explain the problem, they are really helpfull and they will get your money back no problem! I did it with a flat screen tv that a shop refused to give me a refund on which kept breaking :lol:

hi mate

its around 10 months old now

however they won't take it back as the loom was cut in order to make it fit into the jap import, but all the wiring is fine as its all been tested and there are no shorts and i've tried another Kenwood head unit and that runs fine

I've told them i'm happy for them just to give me a replacement head unit without the loom, but they won't have that.

hi mate

its around 10 months old now

however they won't take it back as the loom was cut in order to make it fit into the jap import, but all the wiring is fine as its all been tested and there are no shorts and i've tried another Kenwood head unit and that runs fine

I've told them i'm happy for them just to give me a replacement head unit without the loom, but they won't have that.

That sucks dude, stick it on ebay or if you can get a refund take that... then buy a better headunit :D and put a complaint about the service youve recieved? no company likes getting bad feedback

Ah bummer, i guess you will just have to send it back to Kenwood then :D Just say its been sent back twice and you want a new one, probably less hassle for them!

That sucks dude, stick it on ebay or if you can get a refund take that... then buy a better headunit :D and put a complaint about the service youve recieved? no company likes getting bad feedback
i know it sound strange but maybe you could buy another wiring harness for it then take the headunit back with the new wiring harness and in theory they should take it back.

i tend to stick to alpine head units as they are very good quality but are sometimes a little more expensive.

hope this helps

ash

I used to have a JVC in my last jap import which also had the wire cut in order to fit and that was absolutely fine, never had a problem with it.