Still having problems with blitz ecu

Still having problems with blitz ecu

Hi guys I recently bought a blitz ecu for my Glanza at 1st I just plugged it in and started driving.it wasn't running good at all so I plugged it out for a couple of minutes and plugged it back in again and let it idle for about 45 minutes and drove easy for about 100 miles,after this i took it on the motorway and drove the car pretty hard and it was fine but took it out today and at about 5k revs the car judders feels a bit like a misfire then it runs fine again it doesn't do this in 1st gear and sometimes it doesn't do it all.

getting really pissed off now.I've recently changed the spark plugs with some basic ngk ones and got some ultra leads aswell my other mods are cat back exhaust and bypassed the boost selonid.it's currently boosting at 0.7 but does creep up to 0.8 and when its cold it creeps upto 0.9

Please help guys getting really frustrated

Try this, unplug it for 30 mins, plug it in and start it up. Let it idle for about 15-20 mins (it will probably idle a bit wobbly over this period) then blip it a few times up to say 2/3000 rpm so the idle lowers and stabilises.

Leave it to idle for a further 10/15 minutes after which the idle should be stable at 900rpm!

Take it for a gentle drive, bring in boost after a few minutes, but gently ie don't take it to full boost across the rev range yet. Let the car cool and shut it off. Let it cool further and then take it for another drive, gradually riving it harder until you get full power.

I did exactly that for my Mine's ECU, and it works like a dream. Looking at your problem I'd have thought it'd be ignition related but have you checked Dizzy, rotor arm & timing?

and there was me thinking i was the only person with this problem. i have a toms ecu the car pulls well up to 4000rpm then it goes flat feels like it has a slight miss then when it gets to 5000rpm it pulls really hard if i unplug the ecu to reset it it will run ok for a short while. i have changed everything leeds plugs dizzy unit rotor arm dizzy cap fuel pump injectors fuel regulator new turbo lamda sensor knock sensor timming inlet manifold gasket checked all piping for leaks its driving me mad i just want to no what it is because everything on the engine is new lol also to add ive tried another map sensor coil and the silver igniter unit and different fuels and fuel fillter

and there was me thinking i was the only person with this problem. i have a toms ecu the car pulls well up to 4000rpm then it goes flat feels like it has a slight miss then when it gets to 5000rpm it pulls really hard if i unplug the ecu to reset it it will run ok for a short while. i have changed everything leeds plugs dizzy unit rotor arm dizzy cap fuel pump injectors fuel regulator new turbo lamda sensor knock sensor timming inlet manifold gasket checked all piping for leaks its driving me mad i just want to no what it is because everything on the engine is new lol

i have this problem between 3/4k and its still on a standard ecu bin like it since i bought the car last june driving me mad now like just fed up with it if im honest I've changed everything over and still noo joy. any of you lot find a cure will let me know so i can try it on my car

cheers

dan

i have this problem between 3/4k and its still on a standard ecu bin like it since i bought the car last june driving me mad now like just fed up with it if im honest I've changed everything over and still noo joy. any of you lot find a cure will let me know so i can try it on my car

cheers

dan

do you have a stainless manifold i had a cheap ebay manifold and this gave me that problem at 3/4k as the size of the bores was much larger then the ports on the head allowing the exhaust gases to expand and slow down when coming out of the engine removed the crappy manifold and car run well until i got my new problem lol

do you have a stainless manifold i had a cheap ebay manifold and this gave me that problem at 3/4k as the size of the bores was much larger then the ports on the head allowing the exhaust gases to expand and slow down when coming out of the engine removed the crappy manifold and car run well until i got my new problem lol

anyone found an answer to our problem yet????

• 2 weeks later...
anyone found an answer to our problem yet????

I've had this problem for a while. I was down seeing a mate at the weekend and mentioned it to him, he said to connect the rocker cover breather back to the air intake to reduce the pressure (i currently have a breather filter on my rocker cover). I haven't had time to try it yet but will give it a bash this week.