MOT and anti roll bar suspension

Hello all

My car recently had it's MOT test and the only thing it failed on was the rear shockers which i had replaced with new shockers.

However prior to this i used to get a clunking noise from the rear when i went over bumps even slight ones, i thought the problem would be the shockers but the clunking is still there. The car is lowered by 30mm with uprated shockers. I have the same shockers and lowering on the front too but that all sounds fine.

With regards to the anti roll bar, i know that this is inspected and mine was fine, however are the anti roll bar bushes and rubbers also inspected. I was told that these are fine too and we've had the car up on the ramp 3 times now but can't find anything at all and all seems good with regards to the suspension and condition of all suspension components.

Any info much appreciated as to whether or not anti roll bar bushes and rubbers are inspected or not and what the problem could be. I've been told it may just be how the car is set up and it's just normal.

Many thanks

My rear end develops a clunk from the rear arb once a year.

I have to grease up the 2 rubber bushings under the main rear beam on the arb to stop it. It does sound like a proper metal on metal clunk when it happen's I kept thinking it was my exhaust till I tried geasing it up. I also like to give it a lick of paint while its off.

For the sake of half an hour its worth ago and it worked for me.

How loud is the clunk?

Could be your exhaust hitting teh rear axle.

hi mate

it's not too loud, but the point you have could be a good one as i also though it may also be this. I have a modified exhaust system which includes running a decat and different back box.

However wouldn't it be more of a metallic clunking noise if it was the exhaust?