piston slap to fuck

I have just got my car back in pices after forging it my chlinders are standard 74mm i got scat con rods and 74 mm wisco pistons and the piston slap that i was getting was herendous can any 1 give me any advice because i cant afford another set of pistons and its lookin like i mite have to go back standard =(

help needed plz !

i would say something is a little out, i have wiseco (although custom C/R) and scat combo, and mine slaps a tiny bit for about 30 seconds to maybe a minute from dead cold start.... and mine was built fairly loosely to cope with 10 000rpm and 30+ psi

i would say something is a little out, i have wiseco (although custom C/R) and scat combo, and mine slaps a tiny bit for about 30 seconds to maybe a minute from dead cold start.... and mine was built fairly loosely to cope with 10 000rpm and 30+ psi

Yea how was it when u first ever run it ? how long did you run it in for ?

Im presuming you never built the engine then?

To measure the ring gaps you will need the pistons out and rings off the pistons.....

http://www.wiseco.com/PDFs/Manuals/RingEndGap.pdf

Your piston to wall clearance seems a bit big according to the Wiseco spec sheet aswell.

They say a PTW of .004" but if turboing or heavy nitrous use add .001"

Yours is at .008" (.003 plus...)

Id go back to whoever built your engine and ask for clarification.

Yea how was it when u first ever run it ? how long did you run it in for ?

the first start us was pretty much no noise, but i started it, gave it a few revs, set the boost at 20psi and took it for an absolute thrashing down the highway, 40 000km later not a single issue