I resently brought bills (Bildo's) old car off of dazzy rascal and i am so annoyed.

When i left a deposit for the car he said he will mot and tax it, which he got it mot'd the day before i picked it up but never got tax which he had a week to do. But he said he was comming down my way on saturday which he never did, then he gave me the sub story that he is on tuesday, which when i text him he said ment wednesday so then yesturday i text and rang him and he is just ignoring me even though he wrote a reciept saying he will put tax and mot on the car.

But now to top it off the day after i got the car there is a horrible gringing/scraping noise comming from the front brakes, which when i checked the discs are warped and the pads are nearly metal and also there is a water leak from the turbo waterline seal which i replaced with much hassel because off the manifold nuts were all rounded so had to spend ages with a hacksaw blade cutting them off and i also turns out the waterlines are cracked and leaking aswell.

writing this really to let people know hes not really a man of his word as he was getting the manifold welded where it was cracked but only welded the front were it wasnt blowing from. and i am so totally annoyed right now.

did you inspect testdrive the car dude ? i know its frustrating i picked my car up drove it home and the cambelt snapped , unfortuantly things happen

Yea test drove and inspected the car i knew the brakes would need doing soon but on test drive it was all fine, yea its very fustrating when you drive the car for a week and then have it off the road for a while now to get the bits due to these bank holidays.

does anyone know where i stand for the tax as he made a reciept say he will tax and mot the car.

I know its frustrating buddy but whining on here wont be able to help. Be pro-active and get it sorted :D

Its an utter tw*t when you buy a car and things go wrong but thats the way of life unfortunatly, it could be worse than front brakes and water line's, their only wear and tear items only. With the tax I've no idea, in the end it would probably be a civil matter decided in a small claims court. Only £60 though, just try and chase him up for it?

Oh yeh... arent brakes tested on an MOT? Why didnt they fail?

i have had this happen on a lotus, bin in dry storage for 12years took a risk told him to not start it only to find the engine is dead needs full srip down. due to being stood for so long. gutted only paid 2500 for a elan 1.6 turbo but the engine parts will set me back 5k. should have just got a decent elan.

It totally looks like a dodgey MOT, Brakes should of been picked up. but if you check DIRECT GOV . to see if your car has a MOT. it will ask you to put in the REGISTRATION DOCUMENTS number if you have it and it will tell you everything about the past MOT of even if it has a MOT. i know it sounds checky but if you cant find it. send me over your car docs number and il check it out for you......

also check your inbox :D

It's a shame to hear Bildo's old Glanza has been treated so badly! One of the cleanest cars I had seen in my life, bet it's not had much care in the previous owners hands :D

Sorry to hear you're having these issues Jammy, lets hope you can get it back to how it was :D

It's a shame to hear Bildo's old Glanza has been treated so badly! One of the cleanest cars I had seen in my life, bet it's not had much care in the previous owners hands :D

Sorry to hear you're having these issues Jammy, lets hope you can get it back to how it was B)

Yea is still a really clean glanza but its all coming back to gether now as he is dropping the tax off on saturday and the waterlines are ordered just need to order new disks and pads, hopeully next week it will be all good :D

i no it sounds harsh but you obviously didn't check it over properly never go off some ones word when buying a car i had to learn the hard way aswell, now i always go in with a fine comb when buying a car lol