MOT advisory's

Had my MOT done a week or so back now and i had the following advisories:

Measurements

Brakes Advisories: RBT Front Brake Imbalance: 21%

Advisory Items

001 Front Brake pad(s) wearing thin

002 Nearside rear wheel bearing has slight play

003 Offside rear wheel bearing has slight play

004 Front Brakes only just met the front brake imbalance requirements. It would appear that the braking system requires adjustment or repair

005 Sill c overs fitted

I've just bought some new Discs and Pads to replace the fronts. After replacing these will all the braking advisories mentioned above be sorted? Only reason i ask is because im unsure about imbalance and what it means.

Also, how hard are rear wheel bearings to replace and how much do they cost?

Finally, save making a new thread, what is the final advisory about? aha

Looks like you have a sticking caliper. One side of your front pads will be worn down more. Bit doing discs and pads might sort it out. The last one on the list is cuz of side skerts cant inspect the full sill for corrosion. Hope this helps.

and on the rear wheel bearing parts, i got mine from tm-developments and were absolutely no bother to fit mate :( you could champher them in yourself (although being careful) or get them pressed at your local garage im sure :) google them for the parts or elsewhere if cheaper :)

all you need to do with the rear wheel bearing is tighten them, remove the centre dust cover split pin and sleeve give the 30mm nut 1/4 turn. replace the split pin and sleve, if you need to change them at any point the rear discs should come as one unit with the bearing and abs ring(if fitted) already on it.

brake imbalance is usually caused by the pad not wearing as it should against the disk, change the front discs and pads iff needed and the chances are that it will solve your problem

oh and sill covers he means your skirts dont see why he put that on as they are factory fitted.

and just to point out that the rear wheel bearings are probably adjustable??this could solve the problem from an MOT point of view, although im sure they would have spotted that :)

EDIT: as james above states :)

I am planning on bleeding the system when i change the discs and pads. Going to use Toyota DOT 5.1 fluid. So after all of this is done hopfully my braking problems will be sorted! :)

Ahh great, should be able to do the bearings myself then!

Cheers for the quick replys guys :)