intercooler discussion

ok people.

there seems to be alot of knowledge floating about on this site about fmic's, but i only seem to read the odd comment here and there, so i'd like to set up a thread to show fmic options.

i personally will be looking for a 'cooler that allows me to keep my air con... as i sweated out too many summers without it in my old n/a!!

plus i do not want to be chopping out metalwork to feed the piping thru.

i want it to have a simular appearance to geo's or sicaln's purely because i have plans to open out the front bumper, and i dont really want some pissy little thing behind the opening.

ok i know the greddy kit is good, as i experienced it it rubix's old glanza, and it looks good on si's car... but lets face it its not that cheap. the only thing i dont like about the greddy is the way it uses the original turbo boost pipe ( the black pipe that also feeds the bov) and loops round the top of the cam cover. so i'd like a kit that comes straight off the turbo.

ive heard good things about the wepr one but not too sure if its a/c compatable.

so any other reccomendations would be good!

im not fussed about having a branded kit, so fire away!

Rich.

hey rich, awesome your getting a fmic. makes tons of difference.

out of all of them, id go for the fmic dave burwash sells.

it is IDENTICAL to the blitz lm fmic kit, other than it hasnt got blitz stamped on it, and it has 2 90degree elbows comming off the intercooler block.

you can purchase 2 mandrel bent elbows off ebay, and swap them.

= blitz fmic.

even the cores are identical, after i sat them side by side. the same internal fin pattern.

you can also keep your aircon with that kit. allthough im ditching mine to make getting to the oil filter easier :p

im not overally keen on wepr kits to be totally honest. alot of people love them, i however wouldnt buy one. my personal opinion though matey. they allways look a little bodgy how the pipes fit together, and i prefer a huge intercooler for when i raise the boost above a bar in the future.

I've just got a wepr one mate and to be honest it dont seem too bad especially at the price.Keps aircon too.The breaker had a wepr one too and it filled the bumper well. I've yet to fit mine as im waiting on a new mani comin first.