piston question

Hello all,

I am currently trying to purchase std replacement pistons, rods and bearings (both crank and rod) for a 1997 Toyota glanzaV but I have hit a problem!

the pistons are listed as Mark 1/ mark 2 and mark 3, now toyota have explained that

Mark1 (part no: 13101-11111-01) = 73.900mm and 73.910mm

Mark2 (part no: 13101-11111-02) = 73.910mm and 73.920mm

Mark3 (part no: 13101-11111-03) = 73.920mm and 73.930mm

I have no idea which one is needed for the engine?

It is just standard replacements im after, anyone know which one it is and/or why there is the choice?

THANKS!!!! :p:D

If you take your head off there should be 1 number per cylinder stamped on each piston crown this number represents the piston size above. If you look on the block face to you will see the same number that's on each piston stamped on the block, we have also had a few engines were it's had 3 x number 2 and 1 x number 3, these tend to be on the Mark 2 Gt engines.

What the lads say above is correct, but now your engine has been used, the bore sizes will not be the same size as it left the factory.

You will need to measure your bores, and make sure there not oval. Then if there ok order the pistons to suit.

If your bores are oval, they will need machining. (Bored and honed)