moving to australia

im thinking of moving to aus for a year on a working visa. im a qulaified sparky and theres meant to be a lot of jobs there.

got laid off last november and have been doing shit jobs here and there since and ended up full time at an electrical wholesalers about 3 months ago. but the pay barely covers by bills and getting to work and back.

spoke to one of the lads i trained with last week and hes been there about 6 weeks now, hasnt got a bad word to say about it and hes earning an absolute bomb.

just wondered if anyone else has been, is there now or has any advice on cheap flights and general information and how best to find work before i get there. not so much for me but the new mrs wants to come, and shes only really got gcses and has worked at a debt management/consulatancy place for the last 2 years. so as such shes basically admin with a bit extra i spose. is there much work there is this feild as such?

just i dont really fancy going there and me working full time and paying for everything for her so sit on the beach playing with herself all day lol

any help really appreciated ;) thanks

just been put out of work aswell mate

im giving it two months and if i dont find a new job going to aus on a years working visa

going straight to brisbane where my cousin lives then do some travelling

but be warned australia is stupidly exspensive and i mean stupidly

everything is triple the price, food and accomadation is insane

when i went at christmas i stayed in a few hostel and they were still around £60 a night where as asia they are about £3 a night lol

sorry to hear it mate seems like a lot of people are loosing there jobs :/

that lad who i know is paying 150 dollars a week to rent a room at someones house, he gets use of everything inc xbox etc etc but dunno how it compares to renting a flat there really.

how long did you go for before? im looking at going to mackay as thats where my mate is, but would defo be traveling around while im there

im a qulaified sparky and theres meant to be a lot of jobs there.

You wish you was a qualified me :D:p :P

Only kidding mate, brave thing to do but something I would definitely consider doing if it came to it, theis country is just utter wank ;)

Hope it all goes well and we want to see some Ozzy birds in the gf section so best take your best shoes and get on it, Ozzy birds are win :D

i was only for there for just over a month for a family wedding

but i loved it even tho i had solid rain for the whole time i was there its still the best place i have been and when im older would like to move there for good

I want to move out there in the next few years.. I've been looking into getting a Years working/holiday visa but i really need to find someone thats done it to actually talk through it properly as i look online and it just seems so confusing!

haha @ sparky, ill be getting in trouble far to quickly if she comes with me lol

thats what i mean like no one seems to have a bad word to say about the place, just a shame its on the other side the world isn't it

well my cousin has been out there for nearly two years and doesnt seem to phase him

only thing is missing your family, but best thing is 1year work visa and if you dont enjoy it then fly home

and if you do fruit picking out there then the work visa is extended to two years rather then one year

this is also my plans as a bricklayer. im just struggling to save money so that they will give me a visa at the moment. all in all i think i need about 4k to cover flights and so they will give me a visa and so i can buy a banger of a car when i get there to get me to jobs. my only issue is although I've been a bricklayer for 5 years i never went to college just started working with the old man and learned so i dont have papers but I've got a mate who moved to aus last years and he keeps assuring me that i can start on a site as a labourer and tell em i lay bricks and ill be fine. he pays 200 a week i think for a unit he stays in with a mate. gets paid well tho

Id jump at the chance mate! Not Oz for me cause the spiders are huge ;)

Im away to new zealand in four weeks, got a visa for a year to see how it goes.

Take the bull by the horns bud, you'll regret it if you dont, life is far too short :rolleyes:

http://www.visabureau.com/australia/austra...liday-visa.aspx

just had a look on there and just found out that on the working holiday visa your not allowed to work for one employer for more than 6 months. wonder how my mate got round that lol if you gots the money id go for it. im trying desperatly to save up a few grand to get me there.

looked into it alot my self

u need 3750 euro in account to get your visa

a return ticket or a nuf money in your account to buy a ticket home

need get your bank acc and security numberrs all set up have to do a safe pass to do any work

few bob in your pocket when u land

if u do fruit picking etc its easier to get a second year visa

and u change jobs after 6 months unless u get the employer to sign up or something like that

ey, about the rent if you rent a apartment by yourself in NSW sydney the prices of a 1 bedroom apartment with living room and kithcen are like 350-400 depending on the area..if you guys need a hand with anything that i can do pm me :rolleyes: or if i dont reply register on ausc and pm me there (same username)

cheers

Edited by Mo3

@ Mo3 ill defo hit you up for some info dude since im a bit clueless and i was planning on going this year but i need to save alot first haha. ill send ya a pm when i know what im even gonna ask. probably sign up on ausc aswell :rolleyes:

yeah spot on Mo3 ill be in touch definately at some point, looking at going over in early september, i have a job offer waiting, just the mrs thats not sure because she wants a job before we get there as well.

anyone know of any good car hire companys? bearing in mind im 21. just for a week or so till i get a work van. and any renting agenies that would possibly allow you to land and move in to the house next day as such?