is yours the same

hey, i had a look at my car(ep82) on my mates ramp because i've got a knocking sound and its doing my head inn. we notice the anti roll bar tuches the bottom wishbone, i have lowered the car 40mm just springs. not noticed this before, the car has been lowered for about an year now, but dont think its that???

i have recently done wheel bearing and bottom balljoint, and still no play or sign it could be them again. strange any ideas??? please thanks lance :)

The first thing you should check if you have knocking from the rear is the car jack in the right hand compartment in the boot.mine was knocking for weeks and when i was fitting my sub and i took the boot apart i realised it was the jack.it has never knocked since.i even had the same problem in my new SR and it was the jack again.

To stop it knocking you have to wind the jack out a bit when you put it in the compartment. :)

@ Muddyell, open the boot and look to your right hand side. Is a small compartment with a bit the jack clips into.

Can also get to the rear light bulbs from there too :)

Had a look there Bourkey but the jack is secure and won't budge so isn't that knocking.....hmm.....:lol:

hey, i had a look at my car(ep82) on my mates ramp because i've got a knocking sound and its doing my head inn. we notice the anti roll bar tuches the bottom wishbone, i have lowered the car 40mm just springs. not noticed this before, the car has been lowered for about an year now, but dont think its that???

i have recently done wheel bearing and bottom balljoint, and still no play or sign it could be them again. strange any ideas??? please thanks lance :)

anyone with any ideas

have you checked your ball joints. yea the antiroll bar bolts to the wishbones via a selection of rubber bushes but all my bushes were ok on mine when i refurbished it underneath apart from o/s balljoint.

if on acceleration could be engine slap worn bush in the rear engine mounting. Found underneath at the rear of the engine i have fit an uprated one and my bang went

happy fixing neighbour. ha ha mark. carlisle