Looks like I am staying Jap for a bit.....

So I sold the MR2 in Feb and was on the lookout for a replacement, considering going down the A3/Golf/Leon 1.8t route.

Having no luck for months and being too picky I went on ebay whilst being bored and typed in celica

Within 10 miles of my location was a Gen 6 Celica GT in Astral black, facelift model, 11 months MOT, no tax, 130k miles and in in need of a damn good clean inside and out, plus a full machine polish due to the paintwork oxidising and being faded. The guy had owned it for 5 years but it has been stood for past few months

It was cheap, far less then I was looking at spending on the other cars so went to have a look at it thinking it would be an ideal run around

Got there and looked round it with a fine tooth comb as when something is that cheap you expect something to be wrong (to jokes about he would hate to sell me something that cost a bit more). Ran fine, held water and temperature fine, all electrics worked etc so couldn't logically find any readon not to buy

Being the cheeky chap I am I offered him £50 less than his already cheap as hell price and he took it after a bit of thinking

Deal done and got it home:

DSCN0878.jpg

DSCN0880.jpg

Will be taking some decent pics this weekend of the poor paint and filthy interior, then what transformation a full detail can do!

Tbh you probably would or regretted going 1.8t, they are horrendous on fuel and have shite electrics, good comfy cruisers though :)

Look forward to seeing the Celica detailed :p

Told me I should grow up and get a proper car, not a toy one :) plus I am not allowed a smaller car than her Polo!

The problem is that I only bought it because it was cheap, and I mean cheap, but when I actually looked round it and drove it I realised it is a great car and now a little voice keeps going oooooooooooo you now have lots of money for mods