Removing a 4E-fte engine

just wondering the easiest way really.

Previously on my GTi went in from underneath.

Im guessing on these it isnt a problem? So out the top?

Ive seen a few pictures of peoples conversions where they leave the box in position? Why do they do this? The fact of removing the shafts?

When removing shafts,theres a little clip, do you just push that on the end of the shaft and push into box?

Ps got a crane.

cheers

if you have a crane it would be easier to take it out from the top, i never had one so had to make a bar going across the top of the engine bay that bolted onto the top of the suspension mounts, then weld pulleys onto the bar so i could lower the engine down safely with a rope and a jack underneath

Out the top tie a rope on furthest left exhaust stud and furthest right inlet stud ( Put a nut on each )

You will need a hand get someone to pull engine away from gearbox and just take the crane up slowly and move it back as you go

Easy mate!

done mine out the bottom with gearbox attached with a jack and my dad standing on strut towers with strap round engine to steady it and back in same way

I did mine out the top with my box attached to the engine. Used a crane with the lift points on the engine, just had to take my alternator off because it was clashing with the bulkhead. Once that was off she slipped out quite nicely!

Fealscott- Thats a nae bad idea if you havent got a crane!