Brakes do NOT work!

Hi guys

We are have no progress with these damn brakes, we've tried literally everything to bleed the system but the pedal still hits the floor on the first pump.

I've removed the ABS and replaced the front distributor and all the pipes with EP82 non-ABS parts. I'm using braided lines all round and Wilwood brakes at the front. I have replaced the master cylinder twice, we removed it again tonight to check all the seals are fine and found no problem there. We also tried to vacuum bleed it with a bottle and clear tubing, we saw some air escaping but the pedal still sunk. We have bled the brakes starting from the furthest from the master cylinder, no luck. Tried it again by doing them in a cross motion but still no luck. Started the engine up and tried to bleed them with the engine running, still no luck.

Any ideas or suggestions? I might try a brand new cylinder again but I'm pretty sure my old one is fine, may try a new servo too but we saw mine when operating and it looked fine.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Idrees

Remember not to undo the gold adapter in the willwoods, only the nipple.

Also its only the two top nipples you do.

Did you make sure you pushed enough fluid through before bleeding?

The original bleed nipples on the Wilwoods were rubbish, I bought some replacements so when you open it the whole thing opens if that makes since? And yes I've just been bleeding the top two.

try a new cyclinder dude, cant be too much from toyota or whoever, if ya checked all ya pipe's and got no leak's and ya got got good caliper's all round there's not much that can go wrong part from the cyclinder

That's probably next on the list. Just thinking now maybe the bleed nipples I'm using aren't right for the callipers.

I had this problem, it was a tiny leak from a brake line I made to remove the ABS unit, once the leak was sorted it bled first time.

I know you said there are no leaks but I really dont know what else it could be.

I did exactly as mrk5916 did when removing the ABS and it has been fine.

have you checked if its leaking from the inside,where the brake pedal is??

behind the master cylinder to the inside!

Never noticed any fluid inside, but it will be worth a check. I'll have a look today.

Never had an isue with the nipples on my Willwoods? Odd.

As all that said above, sounds like a leak or the master cylinder is goosed.

The original nipples on mine were tiny, between 6 and 7mm (neither 6 or 7 though). Dave (TM-D) said it's an american size spanner I needed :) so I thought sod that and replaced all 8 nipples.

I'll be removing the inlet manifold today to check all the connections, will update you all mlater! Thanks for all the help so far! :)

Yea it is a really odd size luckily we had a spanner that fits them lol but yea I feel your pain mate my heart sank when we couldnt get a pedal after removing all the ABS, probably something really simple mate.

The old nipples were rusty anyway so I did fancy some fresh ones. I've removed the inlet and double checked all the connections. Some were not 100% tight but still not loose enough to leak, tried to bleed them once again after tightening them but there's still absolutely no pedal feel on the first push. There's no fluid coming inside the car from the servo either. I asked around a few motor factors but nobody can supply a brand new cylinder, Toyota want £190 for a new cylinder and £420 for a servo! I think I will try another servo if I have a spare.

The servo? No leaks to be seen but I'll try another today.

Good man, sorry about that :) . My van had this problem, and someone suggested that it might be my servo, turns out it was my load sensing valve and your car wont have that :)

Never noticed any fluid inside, but it will be worth a check. I'll have a look today.

The original nipples on mine were tiny, between 6 and 7mm (neither 6 or 7 though). Dave (TM-D) said it's an american size spanner I needed :) so I thought sod that and replaced all 8 nipples.

I'll be removing the inlet manifold today to check all the connections, will update you all mlater! Thanks for all the help so far! :)

If you've replaced the imperial size US bleed nipples with European metric nipples, the thread size will also be different. You're tried to fit metric thread size bleed nipples to UNF or UNC sized thread holes. Thus you will never be able to close the nipples fully, hence brake pedal goes to the floor.

If you're lucky, the old imperial sized nipples will fit on. Unless you've now buggered the threads. In which case the threads will need to be re-tapped.

Very good point. :)

If you've replaced the imperial size US bleed nipples with European metric nipples, the thread size will also be different. You're tried to fit metric thread size bleed nipples to UNF or UNC sized thread holes. Thus you will never be able to close the nipples fully, hence brake pedal goes to the floor.

If you're lucky, the old imperial sized nipples will fit on. Unless you've now buggered the threads. In which case the threads will need to be re-tapped.